• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

hello all...

wanted to publicly thank Xavier Logan for this absolutely beautiful copy of MF 53...moderate resto by the "restoman" Matt Nelson (was a vg/fn before), and beautiful white pages...

thanks!

rick

mf53f.jpg

hello all...

wanted to publicly thank Xavier Logan for this absolutely beautiful copy of MF 53...moderate resto by the "restoman" Matt Nelson (was a vg/fn before), and beautiful white pages...

Gorgeous book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

It's also a perfect opportunity to ask a question of all the GA fans here. What is the highest grade you would consider for restoration? My buddy and I were talking last night, and we both basically agreed that anything over 3.0 should probably be left alone. I know I would never consider touching a 5.0 (not that there is anything wrong with that, and I totally understand if someone feels otherwise). Just curious what others think...

hello all...

that is a good point....I typically would only have an ugly 2.0/2.5 or lower restored....a better looking 2.5 or better I would generally leave alone, unless the resto was for conservation reasons...but, to each his own, I know a fellow that has fn's and better worked on, because that "pleases" him, so I suspect the answers will be all over the board (litterally)

thanks

rick

hello all...

thanks!

rick

mf53f.jpg

Having lusted over this book in Xavier Logan's collection for years, I can tell you it is a stunner!! Congrats Rick!!!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I know a fellow that has fn's and better worked on, because that "pleases" him

Wow. If that's what your buddy likes, more power to him, but in terms of value he is likely screwing himself over. I think in a lot of cases, restoring a 6.0 or up would detract from the value, not to mention the actual cost of the restoration process.

Very interesting.

I know a fellow that has fn's and better worked on, because that "pleases" him

Wow. If that's what your buddy likes, more power to him, but in terms of value he is likely screwing himself over. I think in a lot of cases, restoring a 6.0 or up would detract from the value, not to mention the actual cost of the restoration process.

Very interesting.

I agree...but, some folks collect to a different tune, value not withstanding...it is the old "eye of the beholder"....

This arrived today. The corner crease in the top right goes through the book and looks to be a recent addition. Otherwise this books is smokin! White pages, full gloss and reflectivity, and that fresh smell

mm0165.jpg

This arrived today. The corner crease in the top left goes through the book and looks to be a recent addition. Otherwise this books is smokin! White pages, full gloss and reflectivity, and that fresh smell

mm0165.jpg

Excellent!

Get this to Scrooge right away for use in the GA cover contest -- he nominated this book and I doubt we'll find a better example of it!

This arrived today. The corner crease in the top left goes through the book and looks to be a recent addition. Otherwise this books is smokin! White pages, full gloss and reflectivity, and that fresh smell

mm0165.jpg

YOWZA!grrr

mm0165.jpg

So you are the one. Went to BIN it from Basement comics but someone got there first. 893censored-thumb.gif

mm0165.jpg

So you are the one. Went to BIN it from Basement comics but someone got there first. 893censored-thumb.gif

It was Scrooge's fault, He nominated it, I searched it, and hit the BIN. This thing looks like a pedigree that got damaged in dealer stock.

mm0165.jpg

It was Scrooge's fault, He nominated it, I searched it, and hit the BIN. This thing looks like a pedigree that got damaged in dealer stock.

Dammit. Offer it to me if you ever part with it? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

mm0165.jpg

I promise.

mm0165.jpg

I promise.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Bill, let me add my sincere congrats on your UBER acquisition (TEC 27), and your THRILLING as well (great cover on that baby!). Your TEC 27 is just mind blowing, eye popping GA fun ... it must be a thrill to own that ish!! Its so iconic... what a great book.

headbang.gif

Bill, let me add my sincere congrats on your UBER acquisition (TEC 27), and your THRILLING as well (great cover on that baby!). Your TEC 27 is just mind blowing, eye popping GA fun ... it must be a thrill to own that ish!! Its so iconic... what a great book.

headbang.gif

Thanks Ryan! And your right it is a thrill to own the Tec!

This arrived today. The corner crease in the top right goes through the book and looks to be a recent addition. Otherwise this books is smokin! White pages, full gloss and reflectivity, and that fresh smell

mm0165.jpg

takeit.gif