• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

I didn't even know you had daughter, much less that she was so pretty! You must have been beaming when you took that pic! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Alan! That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on the boards! My daughter is beaming about it too! I have been raising her by myself for quite a few years, so she is well versed in comic lore. grin.gif

I didn't even know you had daughter, much less that she was so pretty! You must have been beaming when you took that pic! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Alan! That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on the boards! My daughter is beaming about it too! I have been raising her by myself for quite a few years, so she is well versed in comic lore. grin.gif

proud papa walkin........ thumbsup2.gif

Incredible book, and I'm sure it's even nicer in hand. Congrats, ciorac!

The cover claim of "66 pages of action comics" is intriguing. Are there story pages on the inside covers?

Last but not least...

1703692-pep59.jpg

Shield;

Those were some really nice pickups you managed to get last Sunday. thumbsup2.gif

The prices were pretty high on some of these early Peps and I wasn't able to pick up any of them. The closest I came was being the underbidder or second underbidder on this particular copy. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Surprising that Dave is able to generate multiples to guide on raw books in this CGC centric marketplace of ours. Dave provides a lot of detailed description on his raw books as compared to his CGC graded books. thumbsup2.gif

Based upon your past dealings with him, does he have a pretty sharp eye for restoration, since we already have one negative opinion from Steve C. with his infamous episode with the Adventure #60? Although it sounded like CGC did side with Dave on this particular book as based upon their restoration check. confused.gif

Edited by lou_fine

Incredible book, and I'm sure it's even nicer in hand. Congrats, ciorac!

The cover claim of "66 pages of action comics" is intriguing. Are there story pages on the inside covers?

Thanks PF!

It has been a while since I had a raw copy, so I can't say for sure about the stories. Anyone have a raw copy?

I posted this in General in the "what do you look like" thread, but thought my brothers and sisters in Gold would enjoy my daughter getting ready to read a couple of recent acquisitions..

brittandbats.jpg

that's my girl!!!!! pretty, yes; but i can beat her in a race running backward [that is, ME running backward].

I posted this in General in the "what do you look like" thread, but thought my brothers and sisters in Gold would enjoy my daughter getting ready to read a couple of recent acquisitions..

brittandbats.jpg

that's my girl!!!!! pretty, yes; but i can beat her in a race running backward [that is, ME running backward].

Didn't she win last time? poke2.gif

so bill convinces me that FY1 is a great book...so I buy one, was going to post it, but with the MH copy right above me, what is the point...congrats billy boy

so bill convinces me that FY1 is a great book...so I buy one, was going to post it, but with the MH copy right above me, what is the point...congrats billy boy

Post it Rick!

And thanks brother.