• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

And here is the little boy that shall inherit these fine comics (In about 25 years!)

1703695-Nicholas_12_08_06_small.jpg

"My Daddy got me Peps!"

This one is really unbelievable in person!

1703686-pep33.jpg

It looks unbelievable in the scan! 893whatthe.gif

How did you feel the books turned out upon close inspection? Were they graded as you were expecting them to grade?

Worth every penny (and the some) of the 3x guide I paid.

Just finished the title story...every bit as brutal as the cover. 893whatthe.gif

Definite cloud9.gif An interesting little piece of comic history, with how this issue figured into the Comics Code.

crimesuspen22.jpg

I posted this in General in the "what do you look like" thread, but thought my brothers and sisters in Gold would enjoy my daughter getting ready to read a couple of recent acquisitions..

brittandbats.jpg

that's my girl!!!!! pretty, yes; but i can beat her in a race running backward [that is, ME running backward].

Didn't she win last time? poke2.gif

i don't recall; at my age, my memory...

Compliments of the great Filter81! cloud9.gif

One of my favorite three Nedor books, and it is Mile High + top census!

mm0170.jpg

Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Bill- here is my only issue of "Fighting Yank"... 1704478-fightingyank23.jpg

That's a beauty Jon!!! Wish it was mine! flowerred.gif

takeit.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif That baby's on top of my want list right now. Metro has one, but I just think theirs is priced to high for the grade.

You know you want to part with it Jon.. grin.gif

I got the book in '95 from Metropolis. Even then Steve wanted (and got) 3x Guide for it.....Around NM-....very supple copy.

I posted this in General in the "what do you look like" thread, but thought my brothers and sisters in Gold would enjoy my daughter getting ready to read a couple of recent acquisitions..

brittandbats.jpg

Congratulations on the 27! A book like that represents a lot of hard work and dedication and it is great to see it ending up with a super and, as this picture clearly shows, very lucky guy! Thanks for sharing.

brittandbats.jpg

Congratulations on the 27! A book like that represents a lot of hard work and dedication and it is great to see it ending up with a super and, as this picture clearly shows, very lucky guy! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks tb! "These are a few of my favorite things!" cloud9.gif

I got the book in '95 from Metropolis. Even then Steve wanted (and got) 3x Guide for it.....Around NM-....very supple copy.

3x guide I can see and could just about do for a NM- copy, but the one they have up is a 7.0 and is priced around 3.5x guide. I can't see paying that kind of multiple for a high mid grade.

Worth every penny (and the some) of the 3x guide I paid.

Just finished the title story...every bit as brutal as the cover. 893whatthe.gif

Definite cloud9.gif An interesting little piece of comic history, with how this issue figured into the Comics Code.

crimesuspen22.jpg

You must be stoked! That most definitely is a classic horror book! headbang.gif

Hey man there's already a line and it starts right behind me 893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

That baby's on top of my want list right now. Metro has one, but I just think theirs is priced to high for the grade.

You know you want to part with it Jon.. grin.gif

Okay, I'll finally admit it....I was the undisclosed buyer of the Action #13 from Harley who, of course, acquired the book in Primetime's trade for his Tec #31. This copy has the "printing error" in the title logo, but it's not as distracting as one might think (actually looks like clouds in a blue sky to me! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif). The book's sharp colors, tight spine and great overall presentation more than make up for it IMO! cloud9.gif

My five-year search has ended...I'm just thrilled to have the 3rd highest graded copy yay.gif (at least, until Bangzoom slabs his...) gossip.gif

423653418_1dcf30cb2d_b.jpg

GE

Okay, I'll finally admit it....I was the undisclosed buyer of the Action #13 from Harley who, of course, acquired the book in Primetime's trade for his Tec #31. This copy has the "printing error" in the title logo, but it's not as distracting as one might think (actually, they look like clouds to me!). The book's sharp colors, tight spine and great overall presentation more than make up for it IMO! cloud9.gif

My five-year search has ended...I'm just thrilled to have the 3rd highest graded copy yay.gif (at least, until Bangzoom slabs his...) gossip.gif

GE

What a great pick-up.

Okay, I'll finally admit it....I was the undisclosed buyer of the Action #13 from Harley who, of course, acquired the book in Primetime's trade for his Tec #31. This copy has the "printing error" in the title logo, but it's not as distracting as one might think (actually looks like clouds in a blue sky to me! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif). The book's sharp colors, tight spine and great overall presentation more than make up for it IMO! cloud9.gif

GE

Congrats. Gorgeous book! 893applaud-thumb.gif