• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Exciting Comics #59

Airbrush cover by Alex 'Xela' Schomburg

A recent eBay pickup that I just posted over in the "Please grade my" section. Here's a link. I'm curious to get some grading opinions.

exciting59f600px.jpg

Nice Cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think I nominated this cover in last years GA favorite covers thread.

I bought it from Steve on ebay a couple of years ago thumbsup2.gif

that is correct...September of '05. Glad this great book has stayed between us Forumites...I have yet to see a nicer copy surface......and man, those were some sweet white pages! thumbsup2.gif

Steve

These just came in via FedEx today:

FY #6

FY #7

Very cool. Two issues way high on my wish-list. Are there any good stories inside to back up these fab covers?

Thanks!

I don't know how good the stories are yet. I'll be enjoying them later. Still re-bagging, staring at covers, drooling. Then starting the read-fest with the #3 that came also. The whole lot was a #3, #5, #6, #7, #8 & #10.

I can't decide if I should crack the #8 from its slab or not since I'll be selling all of them (except maybe the #3) to pay for the #6.

th_FY3-fc.jpg th_FY5-fc.jpg th_FY10-fc.jpg

Nice set agro!!! hail.gif

I love Yanks. I only won one of them in that auction. I wanted them all, but my comic budget is tight right now. I'm glad they went to you though, I know you will enjoy them!

I love Yanks. I only won one of them in that auction.

Which lot did you win? I know "bigloo" was after some of everything in that aucton. I'm glad boardies got some. But man, was that 22% BP killer or what?

I'm glad they went to you though, I know you will enjoy them!
tonofbricks.gif Actually I can't afford to keep all of them. Only the #6 and hopefully the #3 and/or #8. I hope I can make some forumite(s) happy with the others though. I knew the #7 was a Gerber 7 but I didn't realize the #5 was. Although seeing how some dealers are charging as much as 2x guide for early Yanks in their eBay stores you'd think they were all scarce.

I love Yanks. I only won one of them in that auction.

Which lot did you win? I know "bigloo" was after some of everything in that aucton. I'm glad boardies got some. But man, was that 22% BP killer or what?

I'm glad they went to you though, I know you will enjoy them!
tonofbricks.gif Actually I can't afford to keep all of them. Only the #6 and hopefully the #3 and/or #8. I hope I can make some forumite(s) happy with the others though. I knew the #7 was a Gerber 7 but I didn't realize the #5 was. Although seeing how some dealers are charging as much as 2x guide for early Yanks in their eBay stores you'd think they were all scarce.

I got the #1. It arrived today.

This book is so nice I had to post it twice. It is in the Fiction House thread as well, but more people seem to look here. I wanted to say thank you to SACENTAUR for bringing this beauty to the Yorba Linda show and giving me a good deal on the book because he knew how much I love it. Thanks Steve!

Ken

jungle3.jpg

This book is so nice I had to post it twice. It is in the Fiction House thread as well, but more people seem to look here. I wanted to say thank you to SACENTAUR for bringing this beauty to the Yorba Linda show and giving me a good deal on the book because he knew how much I love it. Thanks Steve!

Ken

jungle3.jpg

That looks so fresh! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Just in from 143ksk, and freshly freed from its plastic coffin. As the label says - it has WHITE pages - which never ceases to blow me away on a book 65 years old. The more I look at it the more I love this cover, the perspective on the blue gun is strange, but the knife through the hand - love it. The inside is chock full of the nasty violence that CDNP was known for in the early years (acid in the face, infanticide!), it also contains artwork by those Archie/MLJ stalwarts Harry Lucey and Bob Montana. For those who have wondered who "War Eagle" was (1st and only appearance as per Overstreet) - he's a patriotic superhero in a red white and blue costume that includes an eagle head and wings - kinda goofy actually.

cdnp22.jpg

893whatthe.gif

What a GREAT book!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

Just in from 143ksk, and freshly freed from its plastic coffin. As the label says - it has WHITE pages - which never ceases to blow me away on a book 65 years old. The more I look at it the more I love this cover, the perspective on the blue gun is strange, but the knife through the hand - love it. The inside is chock full of the nasty violence that CDNP was known for in the early years (acid in the face, infanticide!), it also contains artwork by those Archie/MLJ stalwarts Harry Lucey and Bob Montana. For those who have wondered who "War Eagle" was (1st and only appearance as per Overstreet) - he's a patriotic superhero in a red white and blue costume that includes an eagle head and wings - kinda goofy actually.

cdnp22.jpg

893whatthe.gif

What a GREAT book!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

Am I the only one wondering why the knifer and the knifee both have dishpan hands?