• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Kind of a spur of the moment type purchase...I took a chance and got it on the cheap...plus...it's a purdy nice 6.5 ...
Didn't want to get in a bidding war on that one either.

A fun book I got from in last September's Heritage Auction. Everyone was scrambling around for McGlaughlin's Mile Highs and this went kinda cheap.

First Hangman and a census topper at the time.

pep17f.jpg

And the back cover is cool as well......

pep17b.jpg

Great purchase, Richard! hail.gif

Speaking of Hangman, while everyone was focused on the Sept Heritage Auctions, I quietly sneaked over to Mastro Auctions and picked up this classic, uber-cool Hangman #2! Pssst...Highest Graded Copy! gossip.gif

298207691_ff95e09b55_b.jpg

Dino

That is pretty, Dino. Isn't it great when you can fly under the radar and pick up something cool. Sometimes getting a deal makes me appreciate the book all the more.

This is one I didn't get a deal on. But it is my favorite, and someone asked for a close-up...

singleseries20.jpg

Wow. That is a beautiful book, Mr. Bedrock. Tell me, if you don't mind, what makes it so appealing to you? Have you always been a big Tarzan fan?

Burrough's Fan, Tarzan Fan, and Comic Book Fan. This cover just screams "Comic Book" to me. The layout, the art and the coloring...it just looks perfect! And to be able to see it as it would have looked new, on the stands,....well, cloud9.gif

Nice score - looks closer to a 5.0 - how is the BC?

Looks fine, with just minor wear. It has a very slight spine roll, a tiny piece of tape on the interior front cover, and the centerfold is popped at the top staple. Still, I would put it at VG+, VG at absolute worst.