• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Oh I tried to post it the minute I opened the box, but the web server I use to post my pics seems to be down and I can't get a hold of the web admin. I finally got tired of it and decided to try out photobucket thumbsup2.gif

I've been trying to find a nice looking mid grade copy of this one for a while.

CapMarAdv18.jpg

BRAVO!!

I was wondering if you were going to post it---I've seen it in your registry for a few days now 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

It doesn't get much better than the first appearance thumbsup2.gif

What a great cover for a first appearance! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I've been trying to find a nice looking mid grade copy of this one for a while.

CapMarAdv18.jpg

Congrats! Mary Marvel's first appearance couldn't of had a more perfect cover. And it goes great with the Wow 9!

I posted this in the Centaur thread, but with a Bill Everett cover like this, I thought it deserved wider exposure!! I am so excited about this book... our own Buttock finally agreed to part with it, and it has found a great home!

cloud9.gif

1833139-AMF2%3A5coverfoto.jpg

AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES 2/5 ... the interior line up is truly amazing ... Everett, Burgos, Gustavson, F. Gardineer (2), T. Mills ... great stuff from 1939.

589a8b16a072b_1833139-AMF25coverfoto.jpg.ab5257cb0239eed5daf9318bc8316260.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Just got this one in courtesy of Weird Paper from the VCC smile.gif

1833111-VCC2136.jpg

A classic Nazi torture bondage cover. Notice they've already removed his nipples.

sign-funnypost.gif

Two new hotties just checked in to Club Bedrock!

jumbo13.jpg

jumbo18.jpg

Getting those darn Metro stickers off the back is a royal pain in the arse!

Thanks for the heads-up! And if you ever want them you got 'em.

flowerred.gif

try goo be gone, works great

gator

jumbo13.jpg

jumbo18.jpg

Fantastic early JUMBO's Richard!!!

I am fast becoming a fan of this title...

jumbo13.jpg

jumbo18.jpg

Fantastic early JUMBO's Richard!!!

I am fast becoming a fan of this title...

Thanks Ryan. All the early Fiction House are pretty cool. I figure I'll shoot for Jumbo 9-20 and then maybe start working on a Planet run (something I've always wanted to do).

...All the early Fiction House are pretty cool. I figure I'll shoot for Jumbo 9-20 and then maybe start working on a Planet run (something I've always wanted to do).

Richard, did a single individual purchase Burrel Rowe's Planet collection or was it sold piecemeal?

...All the early Fiction House are pretty cool. I figure I'll shoot for Jumbo 9-20 and then maybe start working on a Planet run (something I've always wanted to do).

Richard, did a single individual purchase Burrel Rowe's Planet collection or was it sold piecemeal?

Steve Geppi bought them in 1982 for four thousand dollars. He also bought all the Mile High ECs. The Planets have since been sold and I believe Steve at Metropolis has them. An interesting side note...Burrel bought all those books so early that there wasn't a pedigree designation. To him they were just a bunch of high grade books. He was a huge Fiction House collector, in fact Fiction House was his first love. He bought all the Fiction House from Chuck. He then went through and upgraded his collection. Obviously the Mile Highs were superior in a vast majority of cases, but some were not. One of my customers here in town bought six MHs from Burrel during the Camelot days, including two Planets. They are awfully pretty so the un-upgradable copies must have been stunning.

Steve Geppi bought them in 1982 for four thousand dollars. He also bought all the Mile High ECs. The Planets have since been sold and I believe Steve at Metropolis has them. An interesting side note...Burrel bought all those books so early that there wasn't a pedigree designation. To him they were just a bunch of high grade books. He was a huge Fiction House collector, in fact Fiction House was his first love. He bought all the Fiction House from Chuck. He then went through and upgraded his collection. Obviously the Mile Highs were superior in a vast majority of cases, but some were not. One of my customers here in town bought six MHs from Burrel during the Camelot days, including two Planets. They are awfully pretty so the un-upgradable copies must have been stunning.

I wish I owned those comics. crying.gif