• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,427 posts in this topic

I wonder what a slabbed Phantom Lady 17 would smell like. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Depends on whether or not Ciorac rubbed on it!

Jeff,

We should start a comedy team. You make one heck of a set-up guy!

Richard

I've always lusted for a Daredevil 2, but was never able to find a nice copy...until today. Just picked up this beauty (off-white to white pages, too) in person from a long-time local collector.

I had never known just how loaded this particular issue was: Charles Biro, Bob Wood, Jerry Robinson, Briefer, Reed Crandall, and George Roussos...a Who's Who of the Golden Age! yay.gif

Enjoy...

000_0069.jpg

STEVE

gorgeous!!!!!!!! way to go, Sir!!

I've always lusted for a Daredevil 2, but was never able to find a nice copy...until today. Just picked up this beauty (off-white to white pages, too) in person from a long-time local collector.

I had never known just how loaded this particular issue was: Charles Biro, Bob Wood, Jerry Robinson, Briefer, Reed Crandall, and George Roussos...a Who's Who of the Golden Age! yay.gif

Enjoy...

000_0069.jpg

STEVE

Either you have a magic scanner or the gloss on that book is awesome. Looks right off the shelf. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I wonder what a slabbed Phantom Lady 17 would smell like. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Depends on whether or not Ciorac rubbed on it!

thumbsup2.gif

Jeff,

We should start a comedy team. You make one heck of a set-up guy!

Richard

Keep your day job.

Just picked up this whole set on eBay in one fell swoop! smile.gif BTW there's going to be a new Flash Gordon TV show that's going to start on the Sci Fi channel in August - I'm really excited about it, but I just hope it isn't all camped out like the 70s movie. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

th_FlashGordonHarvey01vgfnfcsm.jpgth_FlashGordonHarvey02vgfc.jpgth_FlashGordonHarvey03vgfnfc.jpgth_FlashGordonHarvey04vgfnfc.jpg

Cool...I love those books...#1 is one of my favorites of my collection and when I see a HG #1 in the right price range i will snap it up... tongue.gif

I would've bid on those had I not owned #1 & 2 already....although I was very temtped to snipe since I knew the reserve ahead of time... Congrats... thumbsup2.gif

HAW! Someone beat me to the punch. I couldn't find a live poster link.

JPS

Just picked up this whole set on eBay in one fell swoop! smile.gif BTW there's going to be a new Flash Gordon TV show that's going to start on the Sci Fi channel in August - I'm really excited about it, but I just hope it isn't all camped out like the 70s movie. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I loved the 70's movie....... sorry.gif

I think he meant Flash Gordon, not Flesh Gordon, Bill.

JPS

I was traumatized for life after seeing the Penisaurus.... insane.gif

th_FlashGordonHarvey01vgfnfcsm.jpgth_FlashGordonHarvey02vgfc.jpgth_FlashGordonHarvey03vgfnfc.jpgth_FlashGordonHarvey04vgfnfc.jpg

Cool...I love those books...#1 is one of my favorites of my collection and when I see a HG #1 in the right price range i will snap it up... tongue.gif

I would've bid on those had I not owned #1 & 2 already....although I was very temtped to snipe since I knew the reserve ahead of time... Congrats... thumbsup2.gif

Thanks! I didn't know the reserve for sure, but I guessed correctly and had my snipe set just above it. I did already have a lower grade set of these, but this was a nice upgrade across, especially the #1. Now if only I can find that ellusive #5. makepoint.gif

Now if only I can find that ellusive #5.

Before me... devil.gif

27_laughing.gif Don't worry, even if one ever came up for sale I wouldn't be able to afford it. crazy.gif

Copy that... Christo_pull_hair.gif

This was waiting when I got home just now... yay.gif

Adventure376-1.jpg

Now I know who beat my spine! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Congrats. thumbsup2.gif

he beat your "spine"?....I hope this doesn't affect you being able to drive me to win's house, I am scare of "snipe"rs in Chicago poke2.gif

gator

he beat your "spine"?....I hope this doesn't affect you being able to drive me to win's house, I am scare of "snipe"rs in Chicago poke2.gif

gator

Christo_pull_hair.gif Damn dyslexia!

The snipers won't effect my driving ability, but the fact that I am moving to Nashville on that Friday does. frown.gif

gator

The snipers won't effect my driving ability, but the fact that I am moving to Nashville on that Friday does. frown.gif

893whatthe.gif

good luck (what is win going to do without you?)

gator

gator

893whatthe.gif

good luck (what is win going to do without you?)

gator

Thanks!

I am all done with Win's collection. Best job I ever had. cloud9.gif