• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

With a word of thanks to MCMiles for selling me a book he really didn't want to sell (and for throwing in a small discount to boot), I'd like to present a recent purchase from the Tampa Comic Con. Sure, its not high grade, nor slabbed (two things that are normally a must if I shell out over $100 for a book), but the great Schomburg cover really caught my eye and the White back cover and pages didnt hurt either.

I see the Census reports a number of copies graded between 8.0 and 9.2, PM me if you know of a upgrade copy available for sale as I would be interested. Thanks!

Blackterror4front-1.jpg

Blackterror4back.jpg

What a nice copy, and I really like the cover art. It's one I haven't seen before.

Ken

I need one of these badly

Blackterror4front-1.jpg

Blackterror4back.jpg

What a nice copy, and I really like the cover art. It's one I haven't seen before.

Ken

I need one of these badly

What?

The comic or a Commando Machine Gun? hm

The comic. I used the Commando Machine Gun today at work, to settle a little....ahem...dispute........

Well, I'm kinda on a roll so here's another new one just arrived today (from Stephen Ritter, one of da best!). This is a 100 paged digest sized item; the only other one I've seen was posted in Bangzoom's thread recently (IIRC).

This is the Carson City copy, just beautiful with the only flaw being a 1" spine split:

000_0095.jpg

000_0098.jpg

The insides of this unusual item are again, pure GA. Malcolm "Speed Centaur" Kildale cover and lead story, a terrific "Fly Man" item by a young Sam Glanzman:

000_0100.jpg

...a signed John Giunta piece (here's a 2 page spread from the middle of the story):

000_0102.jpg

...and who can't resist a book with marauding Vikings!:

000_0103.jpg

Spitfire 1 is a very cool book which exceeded my expectations :banana:

Edited by sacentaur

...and who can't resist a book with marauding Vikings!:

000_0103.jpg

Spitfire 1 is a very cool book which exceeded my expectations :banana:

(worship) Thanks for all the great interior shots!! The Vikings piece is by Frollo, right?

Gak!!!...he hit that robot right in his nuts.... :o

...and bolts... :insane:

Now that's funny!

Sure, its not high grade, nor slabbed (two things that are normally a must if I shell out over $100 for a book), but the great Schomburg cover really caught my eye and the White back cover and pages didnt hurt either.

Blackterror4front-1.jpg

That book would definitely count as High Grade if it were in my collection.

That's a rather ... flaccid mace but great pickup. Nifty little book with a very colorful WWII cover. (thumbs u

000_0103.jpg

This was one of the considerations obtained from stagedoorjohnny last week as we concluded a deal.

I think of BangZoom and jbcomicbox when I look through and handle this wonderful book - it just reeks Golden age! :cloud9::banana:

000_0084.jpg

Wow that is cool! :applause:

Well, I'm kinda on a roll so here's another new one just arrived today (from Stephen Ritter, one of da best!). This is a 100 paged digest sized item; the only other one I've seen was posted in Bangzoom's thread recently (IIRC).

This is the Carson City copy, just beautiful with the only flaw being a 1" spine split:

000_0095.jpg

:frustrated: I've been trying to find one of those for a few years now and I can't even find a beater copy... Nice pick up.

Been a while since I posted anything. I am going through withdrawals.

Took these to Rarehighgrade's shindig during Comic-Con.....

animal5.jpg

whiz10.jpg

that is the only issue between 1-25 that I don't have unrestored...I bought 3 diff raw copies, all came back from cgc purple...even this one has some glue...when you sell Richard, lmk

rick