• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

My pulp grail has been secured!! Compliments of Steve Wyatt at the Chicago Con. Thanks Steve!

mm0118-2.jpg

Awesome, Bill! :applause:

What a nice looking copy, too! I tried bidding on one a couple of weeks ago on ebay, but I got blown away. doh! Soon or later I'll have to get one, too.

Jeff

I just got home :sumo:

I'll scan them tomorrow :cloud9:

Awwright. I'll show mine then until you can show yours; that way you can't upstage me before I start (:

Guys, be prepared to see all the books I bought since after scanning them all, I'm very happy with all the purchases so you won't be spared even the Romance books :devil:

Chronologically at the show, my first purchases were on Saturday from Dale Roberts and they start a theme to my con buys actually. Always $$$-conscious, I was happy to find these books with defects but still with enough eye-appeal to satisfy me. The blue on the # 29 is as deep as the scan makes it look -

great looking books!

From there, I went back to the booth with the bald white-headed dealer as I described him to 143ksk. It's not Nelson Dodd, it's a bigger guy but I don't know his name. Anyone know who I might be talking about?

I believe you are talking about Jeff Weaver, who, along with Al Stolz, originally bought the Lost Valley Collection.

From there, I went back to the booth with the bald white-headed dealer as I described him to 143ksk. It's not Nelson Dodd, it's a bigger guy but I don't know his name. Anyone know who I might be talking about?

I believe you are talking about Jeff Weaver, who, along with Al Stolz, originally bought the Lost Valley Collection.

Thank you. That's it.

My pulp grail has been secured!! Compliments of Steve Wyatt at the Chicago Con. Thanks Steve!

mm0118-2.jpg

Congrats, Bill.

It's a beautiful looking copy of one of the most famous pulp covers.

It also has some rather famous stories inside: Philip Nowlan's Armageddon 2419 A.D. (the genesis of the comic strip, Buck Rogers) and E.E. Smith's, Skylark of Space.

bluebolt105.jpg

Andy,

Of all the books posted in the last week (just catching up after being in Chicago), I can't get off of this one. WOW! Congrats on a real beauty.

Richard

ok, following all those books, this is going to seem like the silliest of short bus candidates, but not only is it a killer cover that is tough to find, it is actually a pretty major key. The 1st app. of wendy the witch! I have been looking for one since the cover appeared on the cover of a CBM years ago, and finally found one for guide. Ebay usually forces this book to almost 3x guide.

1122570950_e4fcc8afc4_o.jpg

ok, following all those books, this is going to seem like the silliest of short bus candidates, but not only is it a killer cover that is tough to find, it is actually a pretty major key. The 1st app. of wendy the witch! I have been looking for one since the cover appeared on the cover of a CBM years ago, and finally found one for guide. Ebay usually forces this book to almost 3x guide.

1122570950_e4fcc8afc4_o.jpg

Very cool :applause:

I am still floored that a book this cool can be had for under $500.

There are still some bargains out there, at that was definitely one of them.

The problem is that now you have gone and shown everyone how cool it is!

bluebolt105.jpg

Andy,

Of all the books posted in the last week (just catching up after being in Chicago), I can't get off of this one. WOW! Congrats on a real beauty.

Richard

i am on board ricky's post--an unbelievably beautiful book, and i collect the run from 102 up. "wow" was invented for this one.

here's some neat golden age "off-brand" stuff; just posted in group, but here it is for an encore.

3runs.jpg

:cloud9:

the contrast from Atomic 1's cover, to the other issues is uncanny

Edited by Detective27Kid

here's some neat golden age "off-brand" stuff; just posted in group, but here it is for an encore.

3runs.jpg

I really like those painted covers! :applause:

bluebolt105.jpg

Andy,

Richard

i am on board ricky's post--an unbelievably beautiful book, and i collect the run from 102 up. "wow" was invented for this one.

Beautiful colors! I may have to rethink my aversion to picking up this cover due to the abundant text and word ballons - when I see a copy like this the artwork really pops!