• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Those early reprint books were the bomb in the early days of collecting. But for a long time now they have been overlooked. Popular 12 is from what, 1937? Seventy years old! Very cool.

Newest Oldie Goldie, on the way to the Owl's nest!!!

I Love the Tiny Tim cover on this one!!!

super64.jpg

Cool book Owl. You and I have very similar tastes in books. Are you going to Chicago this year?

I am trying to get him to meet us in orlando at Mega con...turn of the heat, pons

Thanks Ciorac!!! I agree!!!! I was almost sick when you sold all those Famous Funnies a couple of days ago!!! :sick: I wish I had the funds for them, I would have taken them!!! :mad: So anyway I ended up buying a nice Famous Funnies #67 with my eye on a few more in a couple of days!!! :wishluck:

Anyway Rick has been talking to me about MegaCon, but I don't think I'll be able to go!!! Chicago is definite, looking forward to meeting you there!!!! :

applause:

That is outstanding news. We will have a blast :banana:

Here is a nice little, cheap, book that arrived today. It is in keeping with my oddball superhero theme.

popular47.jpg

Wow! You hit the oddball jackpot.

I don't know what's weirder, Martan's bouffant sleeves and mini-skirt, or his nubile partner staring at his head as she shoots a smoke-gun at his antenna! I like the sylized background, almost like Infantino used later for Flash, Adam Strange, etc.

Toonopedia says that the artist is William Kent, but it might be a pen name.

Bails' Who's Who offers:

ALDERMAN, JACK

BUGG, BOB (another pen name?)

ELY, BILL

KENT, WILLIAM

STONER, E. C.

Any idea who drew the cover?

Jack

Here is a nice little, cheap, book that arrived today. It is in keeping with my oddball superhero theme.

popular47.jpg

Picked this up today...from 1937...and white pages to boot... :cloud9:

popular12.jpg

Nice book!!! (thumbs u

I don't have any Popular's!!! I've had a few Don Winslow,Gasoline Alley, Tracy etc, Always liked them!!! I'll have to pick up a copy or two!!! Thanks for posting ArAich!!!

Wow! You hit the oddball jackpot.

I don't know what's weirder, Martan's bouffant sleeves and mini-skirt, or his nubile partner staring at his head as she shoots a smoke-gun at his antenna! I like the sylized background, almost like Infantino used later for Flash, Adam Strange, etc.

Toonopedia says that the artist is William Kent, but it might be a pen name.

Bails' Who's Who offers:

ALDERMAN, JACK

BUGG, BOB (another pen name?)

ELY, BILL

KENT, WILLIAM

STONER, E. C.

Any idea who drew the cover?

Jack

popular47.jpg

Nope

143 asked me what the insides of the Remember Pearl Harbor look like. It's a mix of text and illustrations and also some straight comic-book storytelling. Here's a scan of probably one of the most striking images inside, the attack on Pearl Harbor itself -

52964-RememberPearlHarbor-TheAttack.jpg.35859f3bc082629c12de05e9187e048d.jpg