• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

While all eyes were on CLink's auction last week, I won a pleasant trio of books on eBay -

53220-Fight20s.jpg

I am actually considering having this one pressed by Kenny. Don't you guys agree this should be easily pressed into a much more attractive copy?

While all eyes were on CLink's auction last week, I won a pleasant trio of books on eBay -

53220-Fight20s.jpg

I am actually considering having this one pressed by Kenny. Don't you guys agree this should be easily pressed into a much more attractive copy?

a little pressing won't hurt it at all!

I'd be reluctant to. FH isn't known for good paper and that's a lot of spine roll to "fix". I think you run a pretty good risk of splitting the interior.

I'd be reluctant to. FH isn't known for good paper and that's a lot of spine roll to "fix". I think you run a pretty good risk of splitting the interior.

Thanks for the info. I'm not trying to increase value here but want to "experience" having a book pressed. I'll probably bring the book to Chicago Con and have Kenny look it over there to see what he thinks. I'll check the paper at the spine but it's better than most FH I have. My copy of Fight 46 IIRC is as you describe: the complete book is splitting in half at the spine. This is not the case of this copy of # 20. We'll see.

Thanks for the info. I'm not trying to increase value here but want to "experience" having a book pressed. I'll probably bring the book to Chicago Con and have Kenny look it over there to see what he thinks. I'll check the paper at the spine but it's better than most FH I have. My copy of Fight 46 IIRC is as you describe: the complete book is splitting in half at the spine. This is not the case of this copy of # 20. We'll see.

The whiter the paper the lower the risk. It's probably not the best book to experiment with.

The whiter the paper the lower the risk. It's probably not the best book to experiment with.

Sounds like I'll save $$ by keeping this one as is. I won't mind either way. Thanks again for the advices. (thumbs u

Not sure if Kenny will be able to make Chicago this year, Michael. I'm pretty sure he said so in a post. Greta is due in May, which may preclude Kenny from attending.

Us white boys need a quote like that. There's "the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice". Maybe "The whiter the bread, the more time spent on the internet"?

I'm always a sucker for a good flag cover and this one seems particularly bright. :applause:

2285989424_3fbaabd6e2_b.jpg

and finally to finish this 20 - 21 - 22 short run, a # 22 gotten for cheap thanks to the chip (even though otherwise, it's structurally much sounder than the # 21, my kind of book :)) -

53222-Fight22s.jpg

Nice Run! just so happens that run are all Trooper covers.....plan on collecting a certain genre are you? hm

FYI, issue #19 starts the trooper run in Fight Comics...you should make your short run include that issue. Hell, it's also the first appearance of Rip Carson and Seniorita Rio.

Edited by Paratrooper