• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Guess I'll have to decide how much to spend....lol....1K-2K....was hoping it'd fly under the radar, but we all know that's just wishful thinking.

Yep, might as well take it off my watch list.

You guys really think 1-2k? We will see I guess.

Couldn't afford my own copy if it came up for auction. doh!

headline8.jpg

there have been only a few occasions of a book being posted on these boards that i was totally oblivious to until the posting, and soon thereafter spontaneously combusted over. this book of andy's was one, a gorgeous blue bolt 105 was another, and jon's wonder 2 was yet another. just a beautiful book andy.

Hey! I think that was my Blue Bolt as well. 2 for 3! ^^

bluebolt105.jpg

Nice! (worship)

I just bought my 2nd copy of Archie #2! Of course this is coverless, but for $25 I couldn't lay off it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270165667132&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

That Veronica image is crying out to be made into an avatar.

I love those old Archies where the artists took the time to draw Betty and Veronica differently, not just giving them a different hair style.

...and don't forget my copy of Funny Stuff 16 :makepoint:

rick, did you actually get it? (completed the run?)

yes folks...actually, funny stuff 32 was the last one I needed to close out the 1-72 run and about 6 months ago, I snagged a copy off ebay :cloud9:

I tell you, October, its that magic scanner!! Steve has his glossinator, and you have the Magic Scanner! It makes all books look like a million!!

It helps that they are nice copies to begin with! ;)

Having seen that Headline 8 in person it is definitely an extremely attractive copy. If you take a look at the copy on eBay you'll see how easy it easy for the light blue into a mustard yellow as the book ages.

Got this today, courtesy of Ted from Superworld - a really sweet copy.

TipTop041fcsm2.jpg

(worship) WOW.

Congrats, Jeff!!! :applause:

That's one of my most favorite covers. :luhv:

Thanks BZ! Can you believe it was in the half-price bin? I must be only person left that still collects these. :)

Some recent additions...

My first Will Eisner cover, but probably not my last....

Fightcomics11cgc80front.jpg

Thanks to Andrew (GACollectibles) for this one...will be a nice mid-grade "placeholder" until I can upgrade....

thrilling11.jpg

And thanks to our own Ciorac for opening the vault door on this one.....

JoJo8.jpg

and let's round it out with a beauty from Canada, the highest graded copy of either edition, courtesy of ebay...

cgcVenus1L.jpg