• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,435 posts in this topic

Recent pickups.

009.jpg

012.jpg

All great pickups, but these two are my favorites of the bunch :cloud9:

I love that Master Comics. Unfortunately, it was advertised as being "Unrestored" on Ebay by SilverAge (Gus). I am trying to work out a partial refund based upon the undisclosed resto. Let's see what he does.

Here's a book that was on the top of my want list and still took me a long time to find. I bought it last year but haven't posted it until now. All-American #61, first appearance of Solomon Grundy. I haven't popped this out of the holder yet, but I can't see why it's only a 2.5. The chipping on the top right corner must be what drove the condition down. I love those kinds of defects... I'll take a book like this anytime!

57010-IMGP3466.JPG.c4e8e37b6b1f386da0648f450aed81d1.JPG

Edited by *paull*

Here's a book that was on the top of my want list and still took me a long time to find. I bought it last year but haven't posted it until now. All-American #61, first appearance of Solomon Grundy. I haven't popped this out of the holder yet, but I can't see why it's only a 2.5. The chipping on the top right corner must be what drove the condition down. I love those kinds of defects... I'll take a book like this anytime!

agreed; that is one heckuva nice G+.

agreed; that is one heckuva nice G+.

Agreed - even with the corner it's a sweet 2.5

Thanks, guys..... I'm not a collector that buys a ton of stuff and files them away in my warehouse like in Raiders of the Lost Ark. I try to stay focused on my want list. I only bought two books last year, and this was one of them. I was focused on finding this issue and it took me quite a while. I'm really happy with the value I got in this purchase.

Edited by *paull*

Congrats...tough book to find regardless of grade. (thumbs u Looks alot better than G+

GE

It was you! :makepoint:

I sent a email to seller last year on ebay and was told that it sold an hour before I contacted them.

Great book!!! (worship)

Can I count these as Golden Age? I'm never sure where to put "Atomic Age" books. OK, maybe the Short Bus in this case, but I like 'em anyway.

Two early Dean & Jerry books in presentable condition!

I'm pretty sure that they're both Owen Fitzgerald pencils and inks. These early issues with Cal Howard scripts are usually pretty funny. I usually find the later Arnold Drake stories too corny.

Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis 7 Jul-53

Who's going to complain about a hot redhead in fishnet stockings?

57140-deanjerry7S.jpg

Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis 22 Jul-55

Is that a flowered sarong on the black-haired showgirl, Scrooge?

57141-deanjerry22S.jpg

Jack

A new arrival today...CGC 8.0

Roly Poly #12...love this cover...when I have the camera, I'll take a better image.

wow, that's the worst scan I've ever seen...The actual copy is ruby red title and the blondes dress too.....

57146-1_25.08Comic1354.JPG.9ea477c94478109cbd545f504c35e87d.JPG

Edited by comicdey

Great book and great back cover! :applause:

That Fearless Flint looks like an interesting character - more of a pulp hero look than superhero.

So who is the S.A.D. that did the Buck Rogers cover?