• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

neato...the hit 4 is my fav of the bunch

okay, imagine this one without the starburst on the slab [it is in a new slab now, thank you, but it's just so easy to pull this one from where i bought it].

RAD888F82006321_153046.jpg

:takeit:

okay, imagine this one without the starburst on the slab [it is in a new slab now, thank you, but it's just so easy to pull this one from where i bought it].

If you look closely at the "I" in "HIT", looks like Billy tried to change it to "HAT" comics while he had it out of the slab.

Nice book, Billy. (worship)

If you look closely at the "I" in "HIT", looks like Billy tried to change it to "HAT" comics while he had it out of the slab.

i was trying to pass it off as an Aurora when i sent it back it; they were too sharp at cgc, and weren't buying it.

i was trying to pass it off as an Aurora when i sent it back it; they were too sharp at cgc, and weren't buying it.

Try using an L next time... hm

Some the books I was most happy to obtain at this past weekends NYCC. I didn't end up with any Timelys :( mainly because dealers weren't afraid to price them strong. There's nothing wrong with that, just puts most of them higher than I want to pay. Rick had the best selection with his massive MM and CA display. He had the most reasonable prices too, which is why it probably didn't take long for Metro to scoop them all in one shot. I looked at a few DCs but can't really afford the ones that i am after in much better than complete condition.

At any rate - I did find a few Nedors I have been after.

These two are a little lower grade then i would prefer, but with some books you have to take what you can get.

Exciting39gvg.jpg

Thrilling41vgf.jpg

These next ones I love. The second copy, with the chip, is the Crippen copy and had already actually bought from Richard (Bedrock) before I got to the show, and found the other copy before I even picked up the one from Richard.

Exciting45f.jpg

Exciting45fdcopy.jpg

This is my best acquisition of the show. Although the grade range is what I have been looking for, It was hard for me to pull the trigger because of the slight miss-cut. I am coping with it nicely though.

WonderComics1f.jpg

...and I couldn't pass this one up. The store stamp is from "Miles' 2nd Hand Store" and my last name is Miles. No big deal but kind of cool.

BlackTerror12vg.jpg

This is my best acquisition of the show. Although the grade range is what I have been looking for, It was hard for me to pull the trigger because of the slight miss-cut. I am coping with it nicely though.

WonderComics1f.jpg

Good old Harold strikes again!

Are his books actually considered a pedigree or collection?

Great stuff!

Jack

Some the books I was most happy to obtain at this past weekends NYCC. I didn't end up with any Timelys :( mainly because dealers weren't afraid to price them strong. There's nothing wrong with that, just puts most of them higher than I want to pay. Rick had the best selection with his massive MM and CA display. He had the most reasonable prices too, which is why it probably didn't take long for Metro to scoop them all in one shot. I looked at a few DCs but can't really afford the ones that i am after in much better than complete condition.

These two are a little lower grade then i would prefer, but with some books you have to take what you can get.

Exciting39gvg.jpg

Thrilling41vgf.jpg

These next ones I love. The second copy, with the chip, is the Crippen copy and had already actually bought from Richard (Bedrock) before I got to the show, and found the other copy before I even picked up the one from Richard.

Exciting45f.jpg

Exciting45fdcopy.jpg

WonderComics1f.jpg

...and I couldn't pass this one up. The store stamp is from "Miles' 2nd Hand Store" and my last name is Miles. No big deal but kind of cool.

BlackTerror12vg.jpg

TWO robot covers...I love all of those, but after seeing those, I think I might need to collect Robot Covers:) Congrats, those are really special :cloud9:

Exciting 39 - wowza! Exciting 39 and Thrilling 41 - yowza! Exciting 39, Thrilling 41, and Wonder 1 - WOWZA YOWZA! What a score Mike!

Exciting39gvg.jpg

Thrilling41vgf.jpg

Exciting45f.jpg

Exciting45fdcopy.jpg

WonderComics1f.jpg

BlackTerror12vg.jpg

Where are the lower grades you mentioned? (shrug)

The beauties you've posted would be high grades in my collection.... :tonofbricks:

Felt the need for a companion to my National Comics #18...so I got this:

Remember Pearl Harbor (doesn't it look better than a 5.0? I might try the resub game)

RememberPearlHarbor.jpg

RememberPearlHarborback.jpg

Such a classic book Trooper. Well done (thumbs u