• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

allright folks...these are not comics, but they belong here in the GA thread...

our very own artist extradonaire Ryan H, painted these two lovelies for me:

Rick_SUSP3homescanlores.jpg

Rick_TERRIFIC5lores.jpg

How big are these?

Ryan you da man!! (worship)

Congrats on the two pieces Rick! I was able to see one of those in person before Ryan finished it :cloud9:

amazed at his talent, i just did one of those family-tree search thingees on Ryan; turns out his mom's maiden name is Schomburg--it all makes sense now!

Rick_TERRIFIC5lores.jpg

How big are these?

ryan, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 11x14

Rick_TERRIFIC5lores.jpg

How big are these?

ryan, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 11x14

wow (worship)

Ryan please start a separate thread on your art work in the GA section please so we can get an idea of how long it takes to get one of these beauties, cost, etc. I would seriously consider a Cap #74 piece, frickin awesome!

Thanks everyone for the extremely kind words about my work. You guys would probably be the first to notice if anything was out of place or "off", so i'm pleased with the positive feedback! (thumbs u

(thanks to Rick for the patronage... always appreciated!!!)

to answer a few questions:

-the size was actually around 14 x 20"... the large format seems best for capturing the detail in GA covers!!

-i am accepting commissions, though there would be a month to three month waiting period ... but i put everything into them... no shortcuts.

was that it for questions? you can always PM me if there are specific questions.

Surfer, the CAP 74 lends itself SO WELL to a recreation... not much text and very strong image. would be a great candidate!

unfortunately, i will only paint a cover ONE TIME (can't imagine painting two SUSPENSE #3's :makepoint: ), so the MORE FUN 54 is out (Centaurman has that one)

Thanks again folks!! I'll try to post all the cover recreations in one thread when i get a chance.

Two of the best FOX covers IMHO, Billy! Tres cool!!

Hope you dig them! (thumbs u

i dig them already; and what are you doing on a computer--shouldn't you be at the post office??????????

Two of the best FOX covers IMHO, Billy! Tres cool!!

Hope you dig them! (thumbs u

i dig them already; and what are you doing on a computer--shouldn't you be at the post office??????????

They are practically on your doorstep, Billy!

-i am accepting commissions, though there would be a month to three month waiting period ... but i put everything into them... no shortcuts.

Thanks again folks!! I'll try to post all the cover recreations in one thread when i get a chance.

A PM will be coming in the next day or 2!

A PM will be coming in the next day or 2!

(thumbs u