• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Although, I did bring these home from Baltimore.

FunnnyPages42vg001.jpg

Morefun57Larson001.jpg

I had seen the FP in Chicago and in SD at Al's and had passed, but I NEVER saw the Larson MF 57 or I would have snagged... need details... and WOW, great pick up!

I had seen the FP in Chicago and in SD at Al's and had passed, but I NEVER saw the Larson MF 57 or I would have snagged... need details... and WOW, great pick up!

I had considered the FP at both of those shows, but found other things of more interest. Al had the America's Best #5 which I was not going to miss out on. So we worked a deal for the two of them. The FP is just so scarce, I figured I couldn't go wrong.

I got the MF #57 from JHV. I had already pulled a few BA and SA books I was going to buy and was pleasently surprised when I asked to see the MF. Surprised it was a Larson and surprised at the asking price.

This copy originally had a line of glue on the spine. I guess enough to get a PLOD from CGC. Joe had Matt remove the glue. As a result the spine edge has quite a bit of the color pulled off.

I looked up the CGC 4.5 "D" copy in the Heritage archives and IMO this one blows it away. I'm pretty thrilled about it.

The Crippen copy.

MF57Dcopy.jpg

Although, I did bring these home from Baltimore.

FunnnyPages42vg001.jpg

Morefun57Larson001.jpg

:o

I had considered the FP at both of those shows, but found other things of more interest. Al had the America's Best #5 which I was not going to miss out on. So we worked a deal for the two of them. The FP is just so scarce, I figured I couldn't go wrong.

I got the MF #57 from JHV. I had already pulled a few BA and SA books I was going to buy and was pleasently surprised when I asked to see the MF. Surprised it was a Larson and surprised at the asking price.

This copy originally had a line of glue on the spine. I guess enough to get a PLOD from CGC. Joe had Matt remove the glue. As a result the spine edge has quite a bit of the color pulled off.

I looked up the CGC 4.5 "D" copy in the Heritage archives and IMO this one blows it away. I'm pretty thrilled about it.

The Crippen copy.

MF57Dcopy.jpg

Mike - yours presents so much nicer.

Just won these on CC:

unc1_346la.jpg

unc1_346lb.jpg

Now that looks like a fun book. :applause:

Of all the bound copies on the auction, this one caught my attention the most. This is from the description:

"This bound volume is a collection of File Copies from the offices of Martin Goodman's Atlas Comics, which would later become Marvel Comics. The bound volumes became the property of Monroe Froelich Jr., a company employee, and eventually found their way to the public via an antique shop in lower Manhattan. Unlike most bound volumes the individual comics are NOT trimmed in this set."

Here is a fun book that found its way into my collection this week. It truly is Mammoth. It's about the size of a bedsheet pulp. I was very pleased with the page quality as it couldn't be seen in the scan from the seller.

mammoth.jpg