• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

never noticed this title 'til Ricky showed his copy of this book, and i've loved it ever since. been on the lookout for a pretty one for awhile now. sunday heritage comes through again.

animal.jpg

i always knew you were fond of uncle wiggily :blush:

never noticed this title 'til Ricky showed his copy of this book, and i've loved it ever since. been on the lookout for a pretty one for awhile now. sunday heritage comes through again.

animal.jpg

i always knew you were fond of uncle wiggily :blush:

:luhv:

thanks to xavier logan for closing the first of my fox july '40 and before runs. now we both have one sharon!

mysterymen7.jpg

Glad to help out a geek (thumbs u

:gossip: and indirectly, two of us (thumbs u

thanks to xavier logan for closing the first of my fox july '40 and before runs. now we both have one sharon!

mysterymen7.jpg

What a freakin' odd cover!

The best part is the floppy pink welding helmet with a yellow skull motif. It's the rage among demented villains, especially when worn without a shirt!

Did Blue Beetle just shoot Muscles through the head and the bullet came out of his eye?

The young lady in traditional red evening gown is correct to look aghast at the lab bench. A flask fitted with an unclamped Graham condenser (with a yellow liquid that's not being heated, yet it's refluxing a red vapor and there's another yellow liquid in the condenser jacket -- ???) and a red (??) Büchner funnel filtering into an Erlenmeyer flask, not a filter flask....

I know, too much detail, but that's a very strange lab scene.

Lovely copy of a cool book! Wanna trade it for the one with a grinning BB drawing a donkey?

Jack

Thrilling Comics #51

December 1945

I picked this up from Robert Beerbohm's Ebay store. I'm not a huge fan of the Commando Cubs covers, but I've always liked this one with Mt Fuji in the background. There are a couple of back cover tears and enough damage keep it down in the 5.0 range, but it was accurately graded and I liked the price.. and it looks real pretty in the mylar! He shipped it incredibly fast, too -- top notch!

thrilling51.jpg