• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Here's a fun win for a modest price.

Cover is credited to Simon and Kirby (seems right to me) and apparently there's Krigstein art inside.

Not in my hands yet -- seller's scan.

Jack

justicetraps10.jpg

Oh that is definitely Kirby :applause:

Cover is credited to Simon and Kirby (seems right to me) and apparently there's Krigstein art inside.

Jack

justicetraps10.jpg

Does anyone else notice how closely Kirby's work in the 50's resembles his work in the 70's (like his 4th world work)? hm

:popcorn:

Picked this beauty up a while back. First Avon comic with a beautiful lady in a killer red dress....as if I had to explain that to anyone...ok, she's blonde and I'm a brunette type of guy but she has got those curves going on!

:grin:

MollyOday14_0.jpg

Jack

justicetraps10.jpg

Does anyone else notice how closely Kirby's work in the 50's resembles his work in the 70's (like his 4th world work)? hm

:popcorn:

Maybe it's by the same guy! :baiting:

Do you mean that it's not as slick as his classic 60s Marvel work? I'd agree with that. Is that because of the inkers? How did Simon/Kirby's collaborations work at Prize/Headline? Is this probably Kirby pencils under Simon inks?

Jack

Jack

Picked this beauty up a while back. First Avon comic with a beautiful lady in a killer red dress....as if I had to explain that to anyone...ok, she's blonde and I'm a brunette type of guy but she has got those curves going on!

MollyOday14_0.jpg

Nice! Haven't seen that one before. :applause:

MollyOday14_0.jpg

...........a pistol-packing mama. :cloud9:

MollyOday14_0.jpg

...........a pistol-packing mama. :cloud9:

I like it