• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Picked up these great World War 2 era strips featuring Barney Google by Fred Lasswell. Includes 21 comic strips from January 1944 (missing only 1/06, 1/08, 1/12, 1/21 & 1/22). Great story line with Barney Google, Snuffy Smith & Lowizie. Snuffy Smith has joined the Army and is doing his part for the War effort.

bg0144.jpg

bg0244.jpg

bgapr44a.jpg

bgapr44b.jpg

bgjun44a.jpg

bgjun44b.jpg

bgmay44a.jpg

How the OPG can not include this truly Scarce Classic as one of the top 10 Scifi comics has always baffled me....and not because I have a copy, either.
I used to think this was scarce, but I have seen no less than 8 copies for sale in the past 6 months (including the larson and another pedigree, 5 unrestored, 3 restored), and 2 more are in the current heritage (or maybe clink, don't recall where,but I saw them)...it is UBER cool, but apparently not very scarce at all (shrug)

How the OPG can not include this truly Scarce Classic as one of the top 10 Scifi comics has always baffled me....and not because I have a copy, either.
I used to think this was scarce, but I have seen no less than 8 copies for sale in the past 6 months (including the larson and another pedigree, 5 unrestored, 3 restored), and 2 more are in the current heritage (or maybe clink, don't recall where,but I saw them)...it is UBER cool, but apparently not very scarce at all (shrug)

#3 is the scarcer issue, #1 & #2 can be found if you look. ;)