• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
47 47

48,562 posts in this topic

Nice score there, Bill. Congrats.................Star Ranger. :cloud9:

A super-sized Centaur! :luhv:

Thanks, Bill!

You are most welcome Adam

What's the grade on that one, Bill? Looks REALLY nice.

It has a couple problems on the back cover and a small tear on the spine. So around 5.0

Yesterday afternoon I had the great pleasure of coming into the last ever comic books owned by Collectors Bookstore of Hollywood. Many of you have probably heard about this famous comic shop that turned into the foremost seller of movie memorabilia and collectibles.

You've probably seen many pictures and read/heard numerous stories about the glory days of this store in the 1960's - 1980's. They stopped selling comics quite a few years ago. But, one batch remained in an obscure file cabinet in the basement, until recently.

It is nice to have a piece of comic history, and books from legendary dealer Malcolm Willits.

Here is a group shot of them below. The lone SA book is a stunning ASM 14, that has some of the nicest gloss and colors of any copy that I've ever owned of this book. It looks so fresh and new. The others are all essentially mid-grade with the occasional 6.0 - 7.0

Hope you enjoy seeing these as much as I am enjoying them.

My buddy Rich Olson, who has known Mal since the shop opened, put me on to the books

willitssmall.jpg

what a great little group shot Pons; way to go bud. hey you know-it-alls, that spidey ain't the only superhero appearance up there. first to i.d. it gets a no-prize.

That Weird Science comic is beautiful!

That is one of my favorites of the batch as well :luhv:

Could I see a larger scan of it please? :angel:

Of course, m'lady

weirdscience5.jpg

Ah, yes.......the Starship "Sonny".

what a great little group shot Pons; way to go bud. hey you know-it-alls, that spidey ain't the only superhero appearance up there. first to i.d. it gets a no-prize.

Freddie Firefly in Animal Fables #1 and Moon Girl in Animal Fables #7.

well, i had only moon girl in mind, so you win TWO no-prizes, sir.

wow, that is a great star ranger, and the whole lot looks yummy

They smell good too. ;)

are you trying to tell me you have not inaugurated them with the Pons pass (shrug)