• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

big thanks go to our drbanner.

startling9.jpg

terrors20.jpg

They both look really nice! Congrats geek. Can't wait to see them. (thumbs u

Love this Air Ace #2...very cool cover. :cool: Low grade, but only 2 copies in census! :grin:

3182881263_a76dac0fe2_b.jpg

GE

Congrats!! Very cool book. If you ever sell, holla!

been looking for a copy for years...nice grab.

Congrats.

This is actually a Crowley copy, I will be submitting it to get the padigree added back on as I believe it was cracked out in hopes of an upgrade so the pedigree wasn't mentioned when it was regraded. I contacted CGC and they said since I bought it from the original owner who purchased it directly from Heritage...it shouldn't be an issue.

wow49.jpg

same comic, when it had the pedigree on the label...

wow49e.jpg

Love this Air Ace #2...very cool cover. :cool: Low grade, but only 2 copies in census! :grin:

3182881263_a76dac0fe2_b.jpg

GE

Congrats!! Very cool book. If you ever sell, holla!

been looking for a copy for years...nice grab.

Congrats.

I think this one has a little photoshop on the upper left hand cover but otherwise the cover is in pretty good shape.

I picked my copy up at a flea market.

The seller only had two war comics and they were hanging from a wire like the daily wash.

And the staple was pulled out.

bb

2334394348_fb1dc12b14_o.jpg

This is actually a Crowley copy, I will be submitting it to get the padigree added back on as I believe it was cracked out in hopes of an upgrade so the pedigree wasn't mentioned when it was regraded. I contacted CGC and they said since I bought it from the original owner who purchased it directly from Heritage...it shouldn't be an issue.

wow49.jpg

same comic, when it had the pedigree on the label...

wow49e.jpg

did you submit the label when you resubmitted the book?...if not, cgc already showed a crowley copy, which was probably why they didn't designate it on the resubmit

I wasn't the submitter...I just purchased it off Ebay from the buyer who picked it up off Heritage. I assume that he cracked the book out of the Holder with the pedigree and resubmitted it raw without mentining the pedigree which is how it got in the new holder with a different cert #. I would prefer to have it back in a crowley noted holder so I will have to send it back in and probably pay for a re-grading or something with all pertinent info.

I wasn't the submitter...I just purchased it off Ebay from the buyer who picked it up off Heritage. I assume that he cracked the book out of the Holder with the pedigree and resubmitted it raw without mentining the pedigree which is how it got in the new holder with a different cert #. I would prefer to have it back in a crowley noted holder so I will have to send it back in and probably pay for a re-grading or something with all pertinent info.

I hear you.... crowley's generally don't sell for a premium, but always nice to know the provenance

man, this title had run dry for me for awhile 'til this bad boy turned up. have always loved this cover, because it may as well be subby on there. low grade, but with ow/w pages. as gator would say, "yum."

aman11.jpg

man, this title had run dry for me for awhile 'til this bad boy turned up. have always loved this cover, because it may as well be subby on there. low grade, but with ow/w pages. as gator would say, "yum."

aman11.jpg

great book... lost cousins (shrug)

aman11-1.jpg

aman11.jpg

great book... lost cousins (shrug)

aman11-1.jpg

i would have probably pulled an sacentaur and passed on one with mere o/w pages-----NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice book sir; bring it in two weeks and we'll put those boys next to one another.

i would have probably pulled an sacentaur and passed on one with mere o/w pages-----

Amen brother - the only copy I could find with white pages belonged to some guy named Edgar: :insane:

100_1022.jpg

now THAT, my friend, is a comeback. lovely beyond my meager powers of typed adulation.

i would have probably pulled an sacentaur and passed on one with mere o/w pages-----

Amen brother - the only copy I could find with white pages belonged to some guy named Edgar: :insane:

100_1022.jpg

Well I guess if you don't mind lowering your standards this copy would do :baiting:

100_1022.jpg

now THAT, my friend, is a comeback. lovely beyond my meager powers of typed adulation.

That is one purdy funny book Steve. :applause: