• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

somebody pm me a sales price on a sure-fire 2, and i'll post a little group shot for y'all.

surefire4.jpg

one is enough, thank you :baiting:

well, if you're going to be that way about it....

denver.jpg

HELLO PAL! :hi:

This one doesn't really fit anywhere, but I couldn't have been happier with this pickup so I had to post it. It is a magazine, not comic related. I had been looking for this magazine since I saw someone selling a cover replica a year or so back. It came up on eBay. Usually, Screen Guides don't go for much, but a 1939 magazine with a Gone With the Wind cover had me worried it might have a few people going for it. I just figured I'd pay whatever the market price was so I put in a $250 bid. Got it for $20.

It arrived. It is tabloid size and in beautiful shape.

z-ScreenGuideNov1939.jpg

Awesome pick-up...and very inspiring!

I am going o be playing in a 300+ person charity poker tournament today to benefit ALS research.

The top three finishers get WSOP entries. So now I'll be thinking of Clark. Thanks Pokerkid! (thumbs u

can you beat 18th???

Nope :cry:

A nice original edition reading copy of an old Classic Comics. The back cover highlights the next issue. Some great and funky artwork in these early issues. I always wanted one of the original "Classic Comics" as opposed to the later "Classics Illustrated" and this is my first courtesy of E-Bay's RedMelvin (aka the Dentist.)

72846.jpg.8c2b4acd9b4c70d50944a1b83d03fa89.jpg

72847.jpg.91d651ea3a7db12a55bc72ce28169d9a.jpg

Just in from Heritage.....Rockford copy graded 8.5 VF+ by them

I picked up a Crippen Barker last year from Heritage. These are very interesting comics worth a read. My copy had a really bizarre story about a murderous freak show woman. Gotta' love the Golden Age! Enjoy your book, looks like fun.

somebody pm me a sales price on a sure-fire 2, and i'll post a little group shot for y'all.

surefire4.jpg

one is enough, thank you :baiting:

well, if you're going to be that way about it....

denver.jpg

HELLO PAL! :hi:

007.gif

Just got this in today :)

3208152253_f0831d868f_o.jpg

girls in bubbles are cool

As are girls outside of bubbles.

most excellent point

Thank you, sir.

That is a very cool book !!

Just picked this up from Harley Yee..... If this cover was drawn today, it would have to be the most racist cover I've ever seen.

FUNNYPAGES_V2_5.jpg

great pick up! I love Ryan's art, am curious why you see it as racist though? It's a baby new year monkey kicking a father time elephant (shrug)

Edited by shiverbones

Just picked this up from Harley Yee..... If this cover was drawn today, it would have to be the most racist cover I've ever seen.

FUNNYPAGES_V2_5.jpg

great pick up! I love Ryan's art, am curious why you see it as racist though? It's a baby new year monkey kicking a father time elephant (shrug)

Monkies are always putting Elephants down. :makepoint:

:baiting: