• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

there is a nice copy in the Heritage auction

And a nice person will probably buy it.

Not if I buy it first! :mad:

oh oh, I fear my max bid might not be enough doh!

Bid NICE, guys.

Jack

same fear here but more likely right

I was kidding...I already have a pretty NICE copy :cool:

Bragger.... (tsk):grin:

there is a nice copy in the Heritage auction

And a nice person will probably buy it.

Not if I buy it first! :mad:

oh oh, I fear my max bid might not be enough doh!

Bid NICE, guys.

Jack

same fear here but more likely right

I was kidding...I already have a pretty NICE copy :cool:

Bragger.... (tsk):grin:

:acclaim:

I really hate to be the one to follow that AllenTown has anything I have is a far second, but here we go anyway.

I'm a big Tarzan and ERB collector so I was excited to finally add on of these to my collection last year.

SingleSeries20.jpg

That one takes a back seat to no comic! One of the best covers, ever, period, IMHO.

Very nice.

Didn't ciorac sell a modestly priced copy last year? I remember passing it by then regretting it.

Who got it?

(Is Bill on this thread?)

That would be me. :acclaim:

Didn't ciorac sell a modestly priced copy last year? I remember passing it by then regretting it.

Who got it?

(Is Bill on this thread?)

That would be me. :acclaim:

Smart buy.

Jack

I had two about the same grade that I offered on the boards. I think one ended up on eBay. The third was nicer in grade than those two, but I traded it to my buddy Rich Olson a few months back. The one I am getting from Billy, though not as nice as Mr. Bedrock's, is plenty darned nice!

A couple of recent pickups:

GoldenAge115.jpg

Love that Police Comics!

mmmmmm......Police Comics......*sigh*......thats one of Coles good great covers too. You know.....I didn't see a single Police and only 1 beat up copy of Plastic Man in the last VCC. Its ok though.....I'm a little short this month. Nice book Weird Paper

Fixed it for you.

Congratulation, WP! I :luhv: that issue.

Thats a brutal cover. Look at the legs of the guy in green with the DB shotgun.....its like he's just walking by blasting on the way down to the newspaper stand......

(hmmmmm??.....maybe its a pistol)

Edited by Senormac

GoldenAge115.jpg

Love that Police Comics!

mmmmmm......Police Comics......*sigh*......thats one of Coles good great covers too. You know.....I didn't see a single Police and only 1 beat up copy of Plastic Man in the last VCC. Its ok though.....I'm a little short this month. Nice book Weird Paper

Fixed it for you.

And using Adam's Rule (which says he always has a nicer copy), don't you have the Church?

Let's make it two in a row for King Cole.....

Kneel before this book or we will "erase your face" or "injure your eye"! :sumo:

TrueCrime2.1.jpg

TrueCrime2.2.jpg

Congrats, Scott. I like the cover better on #3, but there's no beating "Murder, Morphine, and Me" for content. It's not hyperbole to say it's one of the greatest comic book stories ever!

GoldenAge115.jpg

Love that Police Comics!

Fixed it for you.

And using Adam's Rule (which says he always has a nicer copy), don't you have the Church?

:blush:yes