• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

I have a few Wilbur pieces from the David Crippen "D" Copy Collection (?), and this one is one of my favorites that I just got (or rather, opened from the Comic Link box!) today:

3399096495_0ab9aa1f18.jpg

I love those Lauren! I once put the whole run of Wilbur together. Sold them on eBay a couple of years ago in a weak moment...

:cry:

I'm still looking for #1 and 2 to complete my Wilbur run. Ginger, I only have 1, 4 and 8. She's a hard gal to collect. :(

WOW! You must have been working on the Wilburs a long time. 92 issues to track down takes some time. I know it took me a few years.

...6 months. hm This is more or less my whole life.

Wow, piecing together a near 100-issue run of any GA title deserves a :applause:

I have a few Wilbur pieces from the David Crippen "D" Copy Collection (?), and this one is one of my favorites that I just got (or rather, opened from the Comic Link box!) today:

I love those Lauren! I once put the whole run of Wilbur together. Sold them on eBay a couple of years ago in a weak moment...

I'm still looking for #1 and 2 to complete my Wilbur run. Ginger, I only have 1, 4 and 8. She's a hard gal to collect. :(

WOW! You must have been working on the Wilburs a long time. 92 issues to track down takes some time. I know it took me a few years.

That's quite an accomplishment. :applause:

Wow, piecing together a near 100-issue run of any GA title deserves a :applause:

Wow!!!! You really hit the jackpot there Sharon..... :headbang:

Great looking group of Bound volumes....I don't have any, but would sure hope to pick up a few one of these days...a good title too....don't tell Theagenes... lol

Congrats... (thumbs u

lol Don't worry I'm broke anyway.

Sharon that's a great find! :applause:

Is it a full run?

thanks to a boardie, i got a really, really, really rare chesler put on the wall. 9.0 lookin' book knocked way down due to pq. well, it's staying in the slab so the pages won't be bent much. look at those colors--color me very happy.

PunchComics19.jpg

thanks to a boardie, i got a really, really, really rare chesler put on the wall. 9.0 lookin' book knocked way down due to pq. well, it's staying in the slab so the pages won't be bent much. look at those colors--color me very happy.

PunchComics19.jpg

This.

This is a beautiful comic! :cloud9:

PunchComics19.jpg

This.

This is a beautiful comic! :cloud9:

thank you, young lady. i've loved it for years, but it rarely comes available. so glad to have one that pretty. one of the best features of slabbing is to encase the paper-challenged books.

PunchComics19.jpg

:cry: I miss it already. :cry:

PunchComics19.jpg

:cry: I miss it already. :cry:

i was keeping you anonymous! thanks buddy; you've made an old timely collector very happy.

PunchComics19.jpg

Wonderful book. :applause:

That's quite an accomplishment. :applause:

Looks like that guy is missing his nips.

PunchComics19.jpg

Very Nice :applause:

Recently freed from the collection its been in since 1993, this gem is now the cornerstone of my high grade Classic Cover collection. Probably one of the nicest 8.0 GA books around. I'm not much of a DC guy, but I can't resist those Superman Classic covers... :cloud9:

Superman14cgc80f.jpg

PunchComics19.jpg

Woohoo! Way to go there, BP. :applause:

Recently freed from the collection its been in since 1993, this gem is now the cornerstone of my high grade Classic Cover collection. Probably one of the nicest 8.0 GA books around. I'm not much of a DC guy, but I can't resist those Superman Classic covers... :cloud9:

Superman14cgc80f.jpg

Absolute jewel. (worship) (worship)

What issue #'s are contained within? Looks like a pretty complete run of Sparkler comics......

Is this issue in there?

Sparklercomics12.jpg

Unfortunately no, that is a great cover:) (worship) ...the numbers start with 13, then volume 8 (which I think were the Sluggo and Nancy ones, I'd have to look, is missing, then it goes up to the end of the series, There is a #32 (I think that's the right number) that one is a Gerber no show...

Superman14cgc80f.jpg

That is one of my all time favorites...I have a coverless one, and Fedoraman made a great cover for it, but it's just NOT the same, lol(worship)

What issue #'s are contained within? Looks like a pretty complete run of Sparkler comics......

Is this issue in there?

Unfortunately no, that is a great cover:) (worship) ...the numbers start with 13, then volume 8 (which I think were the Sluggo and Nancy ones, I'd have to look, is missing, then it goes up to the end of the series, There is a #32 (I think that's the right number) that one is a Gerber no show...

Thanks for the info...still just a great set of books (worship)

PunchComics19.jpg

Next to impossible book, congrats!