• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

A new arrival to my slowly growing Black Cat run

:)

blackcat25.jpg

Great book, Bill...and if you had TOLD me, you might have gotten it for less, lol..I think I was the under bidder. I'm glad you won it, I'll take your lower grade left overs, please;) :cloud9:

lol

Thanks Sharon and guys for the props.

And Sharon, just consider me bidding on all of the ones that come up at Heritage until the run is full!

:)

It is a beauty! :luhv:

My other "big" recent purchase, this one from CLink. I'm not a fan of this cover, but I am thrilled with this copy. The major flaws are around the edges and make the book affordable, but the cover has bright colors and great gloss.

Captain-America-68.jpg

Nice book. I would love to collect the Cap's with Golden Girl appearances. :cloud9:

My other "big" recent purchase, this one from CLink. I'm not a fan of this cover, but I am thrilled with this copy. The major flaws are around the edges and make the book affordable, but the cover has bright colors and great gloss.

Captain-America-68.jpg

Nice book. I would love to collect the Cap's with Golden Girl appearances. :cloud9:

And they say the mini-skirt was a thing of the 60's. Nice comic!

Here is a fun one that I got as part of a recent trade. It's the "#1" of the series, as the title changed from All-American to All-American Western starting with this issue

scan0025-2.jpg

Wow, great stuff!

I'd ask how the Toth story is, but you'd have trouble seeing it.

Jack

Here is a fun one that I got as part of a recent trade. It's the "#1" of the series, as the title changed from All-American to All-American Western starting with this issue

scan0025-2.jpg

That's the start of a classic series for Toth -- superb covers and stories! :applause:

scan0025-2.jpg

neat; any heroes in it. or are they all gone by now?

scan0025-2.jpg

Wow, great stuff!

I'd ask how the Toth story is, but you'd have trouble seeing it.

Jack

Thanks Jack! I'd like to see the inside as well. The CC Beck story has peaked my interest. I was very surprised to see his name on the label

hm

scan0025-2.jpg

Very cool cover, literally walking off the pages of the comic.

feels like awhile since i crossed a fox book of the sig line. i'll post a better/bigger pic when it arrives.

!BQ9z!R!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-DoEjlLluCsSBJ7ky2glUw~~_1.JPG

Way to go, BP! I saw that one and was so tempted, but I'm trying to show so restraint. I'm glad it went to a good home. :applause:

Startling Comics #53, September 1948

I picked up this nice upgrade from JiveTurkeyMofo (Thanks George!) Last issue of the series, and one of the harder ones to find IMO

My undercopy is still up for grabs... :D

78425.jpg.e9d41b065ebd07399a7538b7c88d4116.jpg