• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
47 47

48,549 posts in this topic

Finally got this one and scanned it. Presents better than a 5.5. :cloud9:

MPFW-1.jpg

indeed...the SBP brought down the overall grade significantly...nice pick up...glad in hindsight I passed, or one of us would have paid much more (thumbs u

I thought this book was simply gorgeous. Going into my personal collection.

BuffaloBill.jpg

it IS simply gorgeous; never noticed it before. what colors and nice catch.

Finally got this one and scanned it. Presents better than a 5.5. :cloud9:

MPFW-1.jpg

quite a rarity there Mark. Very nice...too bad Subby wasn't put on the cover...but, I suppose it was not the plan since it was a giveaway comic :) Imagine getting that book on "Free Comic Book Day" in May lol

Edited by Primetime

thanks go to a boardie for this sweet upgrade on a favorite cover of mine, and a neat little book for my l.b. cole subset.

zipcgc.jpg

bingo.jpg

Have I mentioned lately that I have the greatest LCS in the world here in Sacramento?

Fight25.jpg

the A-1 "vault" right Sean?

(thumbs u

I thought Okajima was a last name?
doh!
dude,you are like a week late to the dance (shrug)

i know...giving finals, grading finals, looking for comic grails, selling comics for a comic grail, buying comic grails, graduations...been a teeny bit busy lol

Have I mentioned lately that I have the greatest LCS in the world here in Sacramento?

Fight25.jpg

the A-1 "vault" right Sean?

(thumbs u

I don't think we've met Sean...we should meet up sometime in the area (thumbs u

I have returned from a temprary collecting hiatus due to the purchase of a new home and preparation for the birth of my first child (due in August).

I picked up these gems (at least IMO) over the weekend:

Although not a war cover (which is my focus), I have sought after this Lou Fine classic for a long time.

006-10-1.jpg

My first Fight. This book is gorgeous.

009-3-1.jpg

Fun book. Low grade. Price was right.

008-5-1.jpg

Last but not least, gotta love it

010-5-1.jpg

I have returned from a temprary collecting hiatus due to the purchase of a new home and preparation for the birth of my first child (due in August).

I picked up these gems (at least IMO) over the weekend:

Although not a war cover (which is my focus), I have sought after this Lou Fine classic for a long time.

006-10-1.jpg

My first Fight. This book is gorgeous.

009-3-1.jpg

Fun book. Low grade. Price was right.

008-5-1.jpg

Last but not least, gotta love it

010-5-1.jpg

cool books. love the fight.

006-10-1.jpg

I'm fairly certain this isn't Lou Fine. Probably Edd Ashe or Alex Kotzky, or whoever took over after the Eisner shop & Fox parted ways. Still a great book though!

006-10-1.jpg

I'm fairly certain this isn't Lou Fine. Probably Edd Ashe or Alex Kotzky, or whoever took over after the Eisner shop & Fox parted ways. Still a great book though!

Thanks, I love it. GCD credits Lou Fine for the cover and 5 of the stories. Ill crack it open tonight and see what the book says itself. It contians reprints of a number of Wonderworld 1939 stories.