• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

This was high on my GA want list and arrived in the mail today:

jumbo31.jpg

(I wasn't sure what the protocol was, so I cropped the competitor's slab label out)

Since it's in one of THOSE slabs, I recommend you crack and read that baby. It's a great issue.

So,I have purchased my first true superhero

GA books this week...should I wait until they are in hand before I post them?

Thanks.Such beautiful book,all.

No need to wait, Parker never does.

A couple of fun books from Chicago

chi09016.jpg

That is a very cool book Steve (thumbs u

I once had a double cover of that issue. Sad part is, that I didn't know it was a double cover until the moment after I sold it. As I handed it to the customer I noticed a bit of blue sticking out of the lower right hand corner of the cover. I knew it in an instant. Asked to see the book back for a second then peeled the covers apart. The interior cover was stunning. sigh......

socratic wonder asked for this one to be shot outside the group i posted.

scan0049.jpg

That is a wonderful Richard Briefer cover. Most of the Silver Streak issues are on my want list but that one just moved up a notch or two. Love the "Torture Meter". They should put one of those in every cubicle so the boss will feel like he/her is doing his job.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

chi09019.jpg

That character in the lower left corner looks like Herge's TinTin.....with more hair

chi09019.jpg

That character in the lower left corner looks like Herge's TinTin.....with more hair

I think the same whenever I see him -- never read a story though.

Not to mention the resemblance of Bozo to the Michelin Man.

He cracks me up with that fixed mechanical grin.

Jack

Two sharp Black Terror war covers! :o

Outstanding! :applause:

I just noticed it's a paratrooper cover. Check out the emblem / patch on the guy's shoulder on the right. What you say Vaughn?

How come your photos never come up when I wanna quote you Scrooge??? It kills my rabid appreciation for some of your stuff when I can't show the book..... :(

I just noticed it's a paratrooper cover. Check out the emblem / patch on the guy's shoulder on the right. What you say Vaughn?

How come your photos never come up when I wanna quote you Scrooge??? It kills my rabid appreciation for some of your stuff when I can't show the book..... :(

Thanks Senor! I prefer to host my pics on the CGC server rather than Photobucket for quickness's sakes. Fewer steps :)

Right-click (or Mac control-click) his attachment, copy location, plug it in as an image.

Jack

kwazy wabid