• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! Looking forward to cracking this one and reading it! Wish I knew that the Aman 9 was so tough, lost out on the one in last week's Comiclink auction. I forgot to up my lowball tracking bid. :frustrated:

How much did that AMAN 9 in CLINK go for, Vern?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to cracking this one and reading it! Wish I knew that the Aman 9 was so tough, lost out on the one in last week's Comiclink auction. I forgot to up my lowball tracking bid. :frustrated:

How much did that AMAN 9 in CLINK go for, Vern?

i seem to recall @600 or so; i've got one very similar, and was thus interested.

AmazingMan7.jpg

That's a nice looking 4.5. (worship)

Great looker, Billy!

Funny, I was looking at my AMAN's last night, and the colors on the #7 seem muted and sort of dull (even on the best of copies) compared to , say, the yellows and blues and greens on #5. Then the bright colors pick up again on #8. I always thought the cover to #7 would be twice as cool if it had the vibrancy that other comics from that time had.

All that said, its still one of my top Everett covers! Awesome early work.