• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Just picked up these bad boys:

air1_128a.jpg

I was seriously considering picking this one back up. I had bought a nice graded copy but sold it a while back. Easily one of my favorite covers. As always, I enjoy your tastes in comics.

Thx Pokerkid!!! ive wanted one of these for a while. Some great underrated covers in this run IMO.

I've been mostly lurking lately, and not buying much. Life has changed a bunch in the last year. I got divorced, switched from private practice to a state job (and then switched agencies), and recently bought a house on my own. *whew*

Anyway, here's a few recent arrivals. The Fights are from a recent Sac Con, the romance books are from my LCS.

teen-ageromance19.jpg

pictoralromances15.jpg

pictoralromances10.jpg

fightcomics51.jpg

fightcomics66.jpg

I've been mostly lurking lately, and not buying much. Life has changed a bunch in the last year. I got divorced, switched from private practice to a state job (and then switched agencies), and recently bought a house on my own. *whew*

Anyway, here's a few recent arrivals. The Fights are from a recent Sac Con, the romance books are from my LCS.

teen-ageromance19.jpg

pictoralromances15.jpg

pictoralromances10.jpg

fightcomics51.jpg

fightcomics66.jpg

I luv them GGA! Nice books (thumbs u

pictoralromances15.jpg

Great books! I've always liked this issue especially, the oil fields and red sky in the background just make the whole scene that more intense.

Great pick ups! I also love this cover too. It reminds me of Dallas.

Is he torturing that person? Neat book Bill!

In a partiularly harsh story line, the woman on the cover is the victim of foul play. She is the girlfriend of a murderous thug named Krome. After she double-crosses him, he kicks her in the face, binds her then straps her into a chair and places her under the hair dryer. Subsequently, he frays an electrical cord and connects it to the hair dryer, electrocuting her to death.

In the cover scene, our hero Tracy, has discovered her in the apartment where she was murdered.

Krome was wounded in the arm in the early part of the story, and after murdering Kitty, he seeks medical attention from a "doctor" who amputates his arm. Krome meets his own fate, while attempting to evade capture by hiding in the snow. He freezes to death.

Quite a read.