• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

I don't know if I ever posted this one before. First Lance Lewis and and Ant-Man prototype to boot!

Startling04470.jpg

it is a cool one...I considered starting my Startling run at 44, but then figured I would stick to Schoms...

I take a dive into memorabilia in that it can be neat. I love getting something historical. I am very pleased with this Trademark certificate for "The Angel" from April 1940 for the Marvel Mystery magazine of Timely Publications (there is a inner page). jb

By the way, inside, it states that the first issue was issued on August 31, 1939

90761.jpg.216e28f6d4014a70e765a43c01ab223d.jpg

Edited by jbcomicbox

I take a dive into memorabilia in that it can be neat. I love getting something historical. I am very pleased with this Trademark certificate for "The Angel" from April 1940 for the Marvel Mystery magazine of Timely Publications (there is a inner page). jb

By the way, inside, it states that the first issue was issued on August 31, 1939

What a cool piece!

That is a really cool piece! One of a kind! I'm curious - nothing on the certificate itself states that it is for "The Angel." It does mention drawings and statements that were attached. Do you have the drawings or other attachments that show "The Angel" that they were trademarking? Thanks for sharing this!

That is a really cool piece! One of a kind! I'm curious - nothing on the certificate itself states that it is for "The Angel." It does mention drawings and statements that were attached. Do you have the drawings or other attachments that show "The Angel" that they were trademarking? Thanks for sharing this!

Sorry for the blurr, but i cannot bend it further without damage. About 7 were offered by Heritage. The only earlier one offered was Kazar. I went with this one. I would have to assume that the Torch and Sub-Mariner have been kept by the source of these. jb

90832.jpg.e1cbd3e6c4a52b817fe2d28023fc23b2.jpg

Nice to see who my competition is on the Zips :frustrated:.Congrats on a tough issue to locate,and I hope you break it out and fully enjoy!

because you're such a trendsetter, we are all your competition for anything you're after; we hear it's on your radar, and we're right behind you.

Nice to see who my competition is on the Zips :frustrated:.Congrats on a tough issue to locate,and I hope you break it out and fully enjoy!

Focus on all the issues below 20 and over 31 for a while. I only need a handful.