• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,435 posts in this topic

Always wondered is he the White Streak or the Manowar, or both?

my first two always entombed; the new one coming has been cracked out, so i'll get to read a story and will let you know. i, too, was curious about that.

my first two always entombed; the new one coming has been cracked out, so i'll get to read a story and will let you know. i, too, was curious about that.

In classic golden age style, Burgos made the confusing decision to give that character both names. Maybe he's the only GA character to have two separate names?

Great White Streak covers Billy! Love those first ten Target's.

4271062243_071776eb16.jpg

4271062351_026c964734_b.jpg

I checked a few back issues and noticed they used both names in V1#2 (even in the same panel) but they dropped the Manowar by V2#2.

scans from GA.UK

Edited by BB-Gun

4276108497_86d4d1912d_b.jpg

Fawcett comics from 1943 were good reads. Lots of interaction with Spy Smasher kept the Big Red Cheese in the war effort.

And I still think Schomburg did some of these early Freckles' covers for Nedor.

4276108565_bb9b108faa.jpg2386594662_39c360e365.jpg

:o wow she looks just like my sister-in-law. Hot but annoying :insane:

I am very stoked to draw a line through this issue on my wantlist. Tough as hell to find in decent any shape, and this one looks great. Thanks Chris!

SS04.jpg

I think there's a lot of undocumented Schomburg Nedor covers -- those are both likely to have been drawn by him.

Not as pristine as Billy's Target #2, but #8 is just as cool and a tough book to find.

4273306262_dc58d5c6ae_b.jpg

Outstanding sci-fi greytone! :applause:

Not as pristine as Billy's Target #2, but #8 is just as cool and a tough book to find.

So YOU are who I was bidding against on ebay!!

Glad it was won by a boardie! Should you ever decide to sell, you know where to find me. :shy:

Wonderful book!!! :golfclap:

Glad it was won by a boardie! Should you ever decide to sell, you know where to find me. :shy:

nice books... got my hands full with a couple of neat titles, but the Targets will be worth a look in the future (thumbs u

nice books... got my hands full with a couple of neat titles, but the Targets will be worth a look in the future (thumbs u

...Oh no, everybody better get their Targets before Gator jumps into the water! lol

Will do, Ryan! Outsude the Mile High, first copy of #8 I've seen for sale in 6 years.

...Oh no, everybody better get their Targets before Gator jumps into the water! lol

Will do, Ryan! Outsude the Mile High, first copy of #8 I've seen for sale in 6 years.

Thanks GE!

I saw a beater copy about a year ago on ebay, missing large part of the cover. Yep, its a super rare book!