• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

nelson, i know you collect red dress covers--how high on your list is the 10???

mysterymen10.jpg

You should give Nelson that book in trade for all the hard work he put into organizing your sales thread.

C'mon cheapskate, you sold a ton of books! Throw the Count a bone.

it's not enough that i put him into his red dress cover grail? and for the counter-offer he shot me without even coming back on top of him for more????

Oh....well...

in that case hold this sucker over his head and gloat like I know you can (thumbs u

Hey Mr. P, what one purdy book, I need to get me some them, Beaudreaux :devil:

Weird 2 is probably at the top of my list. Tough as nails to find in any shape. Great book.

I agree Andy. Here's the Larson copy, complete with the obligatory foxing:

Wow. Wow. Wow.

What a killer book. Not sure which I like better, that or Billy's Fantastic. Guess I need to get copies of both to find out. I'll report back in a decade. :censored:

Weird 2 is probably at the top of my list. Tough as nails to find in any shape. Great book.

I agree Andy. Here's the Larson copy, complete with the obligatory foxing:

Wow. Wow. Wow.

What a killer book. Not sure which I like better, that or Billy's Fantastic. Guess I need to get copies of both to find out. I'll report back in a decade. :censored:

I passed on a chance to buy that book. :cry: It ended up in good hands. :)

Just catching up on this thread -- great books, people!

I just now noticed that the central villain of Mystery Men 10's cover was swiped from my Wu Fang pulp cover. Check it out:

mysterymen10.jpg

wufang2.jpg

Ok, so you guys and gals know that I have been assembling the complete run of Dick Tracy, slowly. I really love this run of comics and hope to have all of his appearances one day. Daunting task, and I'm in no hurry so it is a lot of fun.

I received a box of 17 issues today, and am thrilled with them! The seller apparently got many of them from the same source as they have identical date stamps. At any rate, I posted scans of the issues in my run a while back and everyone seemed to enjoy them, so I thought I go ahead and post the 17 new arrivals to the run. Jack will enjoy the really violent early issues :) So, off we go:

scan0008-3.jpg

Nice books Bill! Those earlier issues are violent aren't they?!? So do you know how far you are from a complete run?

Just catching up on this thread -- great books, people!

I just now noticed that the central villain of Mystery Men 10's cover was swiped from my Wu Fang pulp cover. Check it out:

mysterymen10.jpg

wufang2.jpg

That is pretty cool, a nearly exact swipe.

Ok, so you guys and gals know that I have been assembling the complete run of Dick Tracy, slowly. I really love this run of comics and hope to have all of his appearances one day. Daunting task, and I'm in no hurry so it is a lot of fun.

I received a box of 17 issues today, and am thrilled with them! The seller apparently got many of them from the same source as they have identical date stamps. At any rate, I posted scans of the issues in my run a while back and everyone seemed to enjoy them, so I thought I go ahead and post the 17 new arrivals to the run. Jack will enjoy the really violent early issues :) So, off we go:

scan0008-3.jpg

Nice books Bill! Those earlier issues are violent aren't they?!? So do you know how far you are from a complete run?

Thanks David! I have about 2/3rds of the run completed. Concurrently I am chasing the Four Color issues and the Super Comics issues, so it is a bunch of books. But I'm in no hurry to complete it, as I really enjoy the quest. I'm trying to keep the books in pretty nice grade too so I pass on lower grade copies for the most part. Although, I do have a handful of issues in the VG range, most are better than FN

scan0008-3.jpg

Thanks David! I have about 2/3rds of the run completed. Concurrently I am chasing the Four Color issues and the Super Comics issues, so it is a bunch of books. But I'm in no hurry to complete it, as I really enjoy the quest. I'm trying to keep the books in pretty nice grade too so I pass on lower grade copies for the most part. Although, I do have a handful of issues in the VG range, most are better than FN

Are you collecting Popular too?

2285578621_423dd90fb2_b.jpg

scan0008-3.jpg

Are you collecting Popular too?

2285578621_423dd90fb2_b.jpg

Eventually yes, I'd sure like to start the run off with that copy though! :wishluck: