• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

even when the bottom-line number is fairly modest, paying many multiples is hard for me to swallow. but this is a HARD little book to get, and i've been after it for many a moon. punch 12, and the chesler run is dun.

dynamic8.jpg

I certainly knew where that book was ending up (thumbs u

even when the bottom-line number is fairly modest, paying many multiples is hard for me to swallow. but this is a HARD little book to get, and i've been after it for many a moon. punch 12, and the chesler run is dun.

dynamic8.jpg

I certainly knew where that book was ending up (thumbs u

truth be told, i pulled a gator "I AM WINNING THIS BOOK" attitude on it, but even with my huge bid [by guide], i still barely eked out the book, winning it on my last dollar, essentially.

Congrats, Billy! Group shot forthcoming? :wishluck::rulez:

please-please-boy-sad-000383-large.gif

just imagine that dynamic 8 in it's respective slot at top-left, and you've got the up-to-date group. i'll now have to redouble the punch 12 effort.

cheslers.jpg

Nice group shot...I always thought of Cocomalt as a Centaur (mainly because of it's age, and because it reprints Centaur material), but you are right, to include it with the Chesler's and it looks good in this group shot.

Best of luck on finding that last issue. If i come across a copy I will SURELY let you know about it. (thumbs u

Congrats.... :whee:

Edited by Blind Owl

just imagine that dynamic 8 in it's respective slot at top-left, and you've got the up-to-date group. i'll now have to redouble the punch 12 effort.

Holy cannoli!

I take it you were alone when you took that pic? I can just imagine my kid or dog running through the room if I tried that.

I take it you were alone when you took that pic?

Insert punchline of your choice...

Very cool on that Dynamic, I've owned a low grade copy, but I've had a hard time finding anything above VG. I wish I never passed up the Crowley copy. Although if I remember correctly it had a chunk taken out of it. But you have to pay above guide to get it in any grade.

Edited by Rip

Happy to fill 2 early holes in my Airboy run. Still have to work on that pesky year 1947 :mad:

The Don Winslow is courtesy of Donut - good old adventures on the high seas (thumbs u

97692.jpg.d56133776c1834d1164b1ca35c0d5424.jpg

97693.jpg.0b125620ba9c2196ca396ce040dc374b.jpg

97694.jpg.54cedb020e001dab6a48488af63d4b7a.jpg

I really like the inclusion of the Olmec sculpture on the cover. Do they utilize that in the story?

97692.jpg

Not quite unfortunately. The cover is fantastic but the depiction inside are as usual not as good. I believe the story itself is drawn by Del Bourgo; there are shots of Airboy flying over a pre-american lost city. Would have to read the story to be sure.

Congrats, Billy! Group shot forthcoming? :wishluck::rulez:

please-please-boy-sad-000383-large.gif

cheslers.jpg

WOOT! Looks great, man :D THAT is a lovely run of books. :sumo:

The only GA book I bought at C2E2.

A welcome addition to my small skull cover collection.

GangstersCantWin2.jpg

mike, give us a group shot of the skulls; i'd love to see 'em.

I just saw this post, Billy. I'll get to that some time, but it won't be spectacular. It is a small collection so far.

dynamic8.jpg

that is a very cool book Mr. Parker.

The guy holding the candle looks like one of my old girlfriends. hm