• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

some new additons thanks to the Comicdonna auctions (good luck Mike!):

From JvR11:

11-01-06%20AP.JPG

From Warren Oates:

11-01-10%20A.JPG

bonus panels from a bonus book (the True Brides #16):

11-01-06%20AR.JPG11-01-06%20AS.JPG11-01-06%20AT.JPG

The original art for this is on ebay right now, seems like a pretty decent price for a whole story.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Al-Avison-True-Bride-To-Be-Romances-16-/290520774718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a463383e#ht_500wt_922

The original art for this is on ebay right now, seems like a pretty decent price for a whole story.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Al-Avison-True-Bride-To-Be-Romances-16-/290520774718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a463383e#ht_500wt_922

I'd love to have that, but can imagine what the wife would say when I hung it on the wall :blush:

some interesting bags & tags. anybody know about how old some of these are?

A ton of great books. I'd love to hear the story behind this purchase.

I would like to hear the story as well. It seems to have a great variety of books. Also I like the pictures of the stacks. (thumbs u

Yes Cornell Woolrich was a ground breaker. As I sit here typing I'm looking up at my original movie poster insert for The Window, a great image of the boy hanging from a fire escape while through the window he sees a man threatening a woman with a cleaver while she hides a pair of scissors behind her.

One of these days I'll afford a Rear Window poster. Love that movie.

I have a half-sheet for Rear Window.

I never heard of The Window. Maybe I can watch it on Netflix.

Yes Cornell Woolrich was a ground breaker. As I sit here typing I'm looking up at my original movie poster insert for The Window, a great image of the boy hanging from a fire escape while through the window he sees a man threatening a woman with a cleaver while she hides a pair of scissors behind her.

Rear Window is probably my favourite Hitchcock movie. I've been looking for a nice 1 sheet. I have a nice vertigo 1 sheet framed on my wall. Big fan of Saul Bass.

11-01-08%20AA.JPG

11-01-08%20AL.JPG

11-01-08%20AN.JPG

there were a few more Magic Comics, but I know I'm running long here so I'll just give the overview:

11-01-08%20BC.JPG

Amazing, amazing collection HC (worship)

If you ever tire of the Magic Comics with that Blondie cover in the top right corner of the picture, I'm your man :wishluck:

And, that Popular run is incredible. I had them all once, the complete run in high grade, and stupidly sold them. Now they are back on the menu and I'll have to start all over again

:cry:

Rear Window is probably my favourite Hitchcock movie. I've been looking for a nice 1 sheet. I have a nice vertigo 1 sheet framed on my wall. Big fan of Saul Bass.

'notorious' for me.

'notorious' for me.

VERTIGO! : (thumbs u (but Notorious is great)

Insert for THE WINDOW courtesy of the HA archives

img318.jpg

Interesting how Dell got this wrong. The novel Vertigo was based on was D'Entre les Morts which translates as From Amongst the Dead.

I imagine this paperback was published the year of Vertigo's release (1958).

In which case, a great copy.

Edited by comixnoir

Insert for THE WINDOW courtesy of the HA archives

My Window insert is different. It is a painting of Bobby Driscoll from a low angle seeing him full figure hanging from a fire escape, feet dangling, very vertiginous, sky in background, building seen in a dutch (film lingo for tilted) angle. Through the window is a tinted black and white photo of the couple.

Much more impressive than the HA poster.

some interesting bags & tags. anybody know about how old some of these are?

A ton of great books. I'd love to hear the story behind this purchase.

I would like to hear the story as well. It seems to have a great variety of books. Also I like the pictures of the stacks. (thumbs u

no story really...just some auctions with vague descriptions that i took a gamble on.

I'd love to know where they came from myself...