• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,420 posts in this topic

Three new very fun arrivals today. I'm particularly stoked about the Comic Cavalcade #1. I've been looking for the right copy for a while now, with a clean, nearly perfect, spine edge. Many of the square bound GA books suffer lots of paper loss on the that edge. This one looks marvelous.

:)

cc1andothers.jpg

Three new very fun arrivals today. I'm particularly stoked about the Comic Cavalcade #1. I've been looking for the right copy for a while now, with a clean, nearly perfect, spine edge. Many of the square bound GA books suffer lots of paper loss on the that edge. This one looks marvelous.

cc1andothers.jpg

I love Comic Cavalcade #1! :cloud9:

Congrats, Bill! :applause:

cc1andothers.jpg

I love Comic Cavalcade #1! :cloud9:

Congrats, Bill! :applause:

Thanks Larry :cloud9:

What a nice selection of books! :applause: Can't wait to see the Comic Cavalcade in person.

Comic Cavalcade #1 has always been one of my favorites of the "fun" style DC GA covers. An Irwin Hasen re-creation hangs on my wall.

ComicCavalcade1-1.jpg

What a nice selection of books! :applause: Can't wait to see the Comic Cavalcade in person.

Comic Cavalcade #1 has always been one of my favorites of the "fun" style DC GA covers. An Irwin Hasen re-creation hangs on my wall.

ComicCavalcade1-1.jpg

I am very fond of those re-creations by Hasen. Did he do the Christmas Comic Cavalcades as well? I like the early issues but the later issues are pretty good too and I have purchased a few.

3174169444_65669f18bc.jpg1806818278_dcb9fd19bc.jpg

4783559971_470d3fa13f.jpg3174169642_ac78cba38e.jpg

ComicCavalcade1-1.jpg

That's awesome Todd :applause:

The inside of the book is chock full of cool features as well. You get stories with the cover stars as well as several excellent backup stories, Wildcat, Red, White and Blue, etc. A bouns is a Hitler story with Ghost Patrol. Very cool stuff

Great stuff. I've always wanted a Comcav #1 myself and plan to pick one up someday. Fun book.

Three new very fun arrivals today. I'm particularly stoked about the Comic Cavalcade #1. I've been looking for the right copy for a while now, with a clean, nearly perfect, spine edge. Many of the square bound GA books suffer lots of paper loss on the that edge. This one looks marvelous.]

ComicCavalcade1-1.jpg

I am very fond of those re-creations by Hasen. Did he do the Christmas Comic Cavalcades as well? I like the early issues but the later issues are pretty good too and I have purchased a few.

3174169444_65669f18bc.jpg1806818278_dcb9fd19bc.jpg

4783559971_470d3fa13f.jpg3174169642_ac78cba38e.jpg

Hasen actually didn't draw the original cover of CC #1. Someone named Frank Harry did. Hasen did draw the Wildcat story inside though.

According to GCD, Hasen only drew the covers for CC #24, #28, and #29. And looking at your photo of #24 I would guess that he only drew the Green Lantern portion of the cover.

BTW, Comic Cavalcade #24 is a great book. The Green Lantern story features the last GA appearance of Solomon Grundy (Dec-Jan 1947-48). A lot of people think All-Star Comics #33 (Feb-Mar 1947) is his final appearance because at the end of it he is stranded on the moon, and then when Grundy returned in the SA in Showcase #55, Gardner Fox continued the story from All-Star Comics #33 and brought Grundy back from the moon. But in Comic Cavalcade #24, Grundy does indeed come back from the moon (I think he walks on a moonbeam!). I guess it was forgotten (or ignored) when the SA story came about.