• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Thanks, guys. But I expect ... they'll dry up as soon as someone(s) realizes I'm collecting them.

We all derive a great deal of entertainment - not to say - inspiration - from watching your collection grow Jeff, so (I think I speak for all of us) I sincerely hope that your fear of things drying up turns out to be unfounded! The Nedors have been especially enjoyable to see over the past few months - we just dont see them very often, in any grade!

Then you will like what I got in the mail today...

I'm sure I will!

Scanned the pickups from last week. Thought you might enjoy a closer look at some of them. I'm going to get the cruddy resto removed from the GL 1 and have it properly restored

captainamerica19.jpg

allwinners21.jpg

superman5.jpg

greenlantern1.jpg

I think the Church copy of 17 on Metropolis's website is calling to you, cheetah.

:D

Thanks, guys. I've been enjoying the Captain Midnights alot since they aren't very hot right now and the prices aren't as bad as they've been in the past (for buying, not selling). But I expect they will be like some of the HG Fiction House books, they'll dry up as soon as someone(s) realizes I'm collecting them.

Hamlet- Dude, he actually might buy it. Let's not encourage him or there will be no super nice books for the rest of us.

Cheetah- it's actually not that nice of a book. And I assume you've already seen it and have no interest in it or you would have bought it by now. If you haven't seen it, it's really not that nice.

Vincent and Steven- I want that book.

A book like that would look out of place in my collection.

I'll find a nice 6.0-7.0 for 1/20 the price and be very happy with it.

Hamlet- Dude, he actually might buy it. Let's not encourage him or there will be no super nice books for the rest of us.

Cheetah- it's actually not that nice of a book. And I assume you've already seen it and have no interest in it or you would have bought it by now. If you haven't seen it, it's really not that nice.

Vincent and Steven- I want that book.

Like I said, I like the Midnight's coz they are cool and don't cost a lot. 'Don't cost a lot' and 'metro' don't really go together.

Isn't that the truth. BTW, you've been nailing down some pretty impressive books on a wide front, sir. That set of ECs you posted a little while ago still stuns me. As you know, the earliest ones are the hardest.

Good stuff. Can't wait to see what you take down going forward. (thumbs u

Just got this one in for my war bonds/stamps collection. I'ver never read a Blue Beetle, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it reads.

BTW - I'm thinking of starting a 'Show off your war bonds/stamps/loans books' thread. I couldn't find one, but point me to it if there is already one.

BB-25.jpg

No such thread on the board that I can recall. We've had several WWII themed ones that included those ... but no dedicated thread. Go ahead and post your great copies there :thumbsup:

Btw, I had never seen that BB cover!

Btw, I had never seen that BB cover!

Me either. That is pretty cool (thumbs u