• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

I owned a copy of this book and sold it in 2009. I regretted it and luckily picked up this copy last week. When I sold my first copy, in the description I called it elusive and I still agree. This is a nice bright copy that looks better than the technical grade. The green and reds are bold.

18650fb9.jpg

One thing that bothers me about this cover is it looks like the woman has hairy armpits. Not that there's anything wrong with going European style! But it's obviously meant to be shading.

Flash Comics is a title that is oddly off the radar around here. Are they unchallenging to collect? Too plentiful? I don't see a ton of them at shows, but then again, I don't see a ton of "Street Poet Ray"s either.

Flash Comics #1 introduces a third of the first members of the Justice Society, but it doesn't get a lot of love.

Flash Comics is a title that is oddly off the radar around here. Are they unchallenging to collect? Too plentiful? I don't see a ton of them at shows, but then again, I don't see a ton of "Street Poet Ray"s either.

Flash Comics #1 introduces a third of the first members of the Justice Society, but it doesn't get a lot of love.

Flash 1 gets a lot of love from me :luhv:

Flash #2 has eluded me for years. I know where a mid grade copy is and an incomplete issue but the price tag on the mid grade one is double m/v. A few high grade copies have been tossed around the last few years but this is a very tough book to track down. Great Hawkman cover.

Speaking of Flash Comics, I haven't added to my Flash Comics collection in over a year. Coincidentally, BillC had this low grade with no back cover available. Fits perfectly in my low grade/restored collection. So, I picked it up. Thanks Bill.

112627.jpg.f5c0d418ecc8a5cdc804d694b8d026c3.jpg

Hi,

I am brand new here. I think this is the thread that might be best for me. I have been collecting for years and have a collection of about 3500 G/A and S/A books all VF or above, most are above. Most of it is really G/A. I would say most of them are #1's, NN#, or four color. I am not a big Marvel/DC guy, but do have some of those as well. Mainly stay away from Marvel/DC becuase everybody collects them and there are plenty of S/A superhero stuff out there.

I collect everything else, but it has to be in seriously high grade. Once in awhile i'll go below my standards because or the uniqueness or rarity of a book. Most people don't believe that some of the titles I have even exist in these conditions, but I enjoy showing them off. I would like to post my comics here. I hope this is the right place, if not tell ne which forum would be best. Again this is my first post here and I hope you all enjoy these books as much as I do. Here are a couple to get you started.

Photobucket

Edited by Earthshaker01

Welcome to the Boards, Earthshaker! :hi:

Those look like pretty copies. Any chance you can post larger scans?

Definitely looking forward to seeing more from you.