• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,429 posts in this topic

Much better -- that's a perfect size for viewing! (thumbs u

Flippity & Flop is a fun title.

FlipFlop1.jpg

Flippity Flop #1

Photobucket

Welcome to the boards. That's a real nice copy.

+1 :applause:

Welcome to the boards. We like lookin at old comics :grin:

Much better -- that's a perfect size for viewing! (thumbs u

Flippity & Flop is a fun title.

FlipFlop1.jpg

Flippity Flop #1

Photobucket

Big difference ... :applause:

Ok I went back to try and find the problem of small scans do they look larger now. they now show up big for me, but not sure how you guys see them. Here is another test comic. He is a Scamp Four Color what is special about this one is that it is very tough to find black cover comics with now flaws. They dont get much better than this.

Photobucket

Wow. I was just reading about Flippity and Flop because I wondered how it related to Sylvester and Tweety timewise. It turns out that the combination of the cat and bird was originally Flippity and Flop in 1945. Apparently, although Tweety first appeared in 1942 and Sylvester in 1945, they didn't appear together until 1947.

Very cool.

Thanks for the kind words. I am just getting started. Here are some other gorgeous books. Let me get past these few dells and Ill get into some realy cool books. These may not be worth a grip, but man these Bugs and this Mickey I recently got are worth a look.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks for the kind words. I am just getting started. Here are some other gorgeous books. Let me get past these few dells and Ill get into some realy cool books. These may not be worth a grip, but man these Bugs and this Mickey I recently got are worth a look.

Welcome to the boards! These are very pretty!

Venus1550.jpg

A tough book, for sure. Is this the unrestored VF copy that Richie Muchin listed on ebay recently?

Richie and I had several polite conversations about a couple of books. In the end, I kept these two and sent one back for a refund, and the prices I ultimately paid were more in the VG range. (thumbs u

[Did anyone note that our dear friends at Metro have listed low grade copies of Venus #17-#19.at - shall we say - very ambitious prices?]

Welcome to the boards, Earthshaker. Some very pretty books posted so far. Looking forward to seeing more of your collection.