• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

It is an odd collection, but people seem ot enjoy it. mainly high grade and mostly #1's. I hope one day it will bring a nice return. Plan is to give all 3500 books to my 18 month old daughter when she turns 21, or atleast seller it for her and then give her the cash. I have no idea weather to sell it all as one collection or piece it out. I hope someone will recognize the difficulty and the uniqueness of accumulating the high grade, the obscurity and the quanity of #1's and just buy it as a collection. Time will tell. Thanks for your kind words and glad you are enjoying them.

DavidMerryweather Glad you like the Weird #1. One other really cool book I got from the guy is this Super-Mystery V1 #1 (1940). It to is in probably the best copy out there. Such a tough book. I feel this book is highly undervalued, and not sure why. I get the feeling it will get on the comic radar soon and go up in value. Looks like Stan Lee might have got his idea for Magneto from this cover. lol

Super-mystery.jpg

Our gang #1 First appearnce Tom and Jerry. This comic I feel has been looked over in regards to value and content.

Photobucket

Very overlooked, I have never even noticed this book in my years of collecting. But I must say that is very cool! Tom and Jerry brings me, and I'm sure all other boardies, fond memories of another time. :cloud9:

Do you know if this came before or after they aired as a cartoon?

I actually bought this copy last year but never scanned it in, and then it was on exhibit at Yale Law School from Sept - Dec 2010. I had it graded at Wizard-Phila on Fri.

This is the Court copy from the 1939 litigation between DC and Victor Fox over Wonderman.

I am happy to say that it is now the highest graded copy! The highest unrestored copy is a CGC 6.5 and the previous best restored copy is a CGC 7.5. :banana:

Action51.jpg

Congratulations on the grade, Mark! :applause:

Congratulations on the nice book, Bill. It's one of my favorite covers.

Thanks Mike, mine too :)

And thanks Todd for posting those pictures. Had a great time hanging out with you at the show. And congrats, again, on the addition to your collection :applause:

Congratulations on the nice book, Bill. It's one of my favorite covers.

Thanks Mike, mine too :)

And thanks Todd for posting those pictures. Had a great time hanging out with you at the show. And congrats, again, on the addition to your collection :applause:

:applause: Great photos and nice books! (thumbs u

Here is the holy grail of Dell Giants in my opinion. I have two of these in great shape. The first onne is gorgeous outside a little wrinkle at the top. It isn't torn just like a bend but nothing servere.

The other is just gorgeous as well. I don't know if there are any better than these two out there. I haven't seen them yet or I would have bought them lol. I think they are hard to find in nice shape because they are so damn think and to find a square binding is really tough.

Peter-1.jpg

PPgiant.jpg

Here is the holy grail of Dell Giants in my opinion. I have two of these in great shape. The first onne is gorgeous outside a little wrinkle at the top. It isn't torn just like a bend but nothing servere.

The other is just gorgeous as well. I don't know if there are any better than these two out there. I haven't seen them yet or I would have bought them lol

Peter-1.jpg

PPgiant.jpg

:o How many pages is that thing ??

I think its either 100 or 130 I forget,

Try 212 pages :) It was a lot of comics for 50 cents.

I think the sheer size of it is part of why it's very hard to find it in good shape now. My copy is VG+/F- at best, and I don't have much hope in finding a better copy (affordable).

Yuor right I checked 212 it is. CGc registry says a 8.5 is highest graded, Not sure where mine would rate but I love the condition of the two I have. It is a very difficult book to find in nice shape for sure. it has really went up in price lately. The whole thing with Dell giants in general is findinf a nice 90 degree binding. Due to there sze the began to sag in the middle and cause a lot of spne roll when laid flat for long periods. The thinker the book the heavier hence more spine role. The main thing I look for in a dell giant is the squareness of the binding if it ain't square I ain't having it.

Outside of the Peter Pan the Vacation Parade is the next toughest to find nice.

Ok so I bought this comic years ago from a guy that had sent it into CGC to get graded. At the time they didn't have capsules to handle this thick of a comic, but they did give it a tentive formal rating of 7.0. I bought it from him when he was in need of some cash. Normally I am not a superhero guy but this was a great oppurtunity for such a low price I couldn't pass it up. Not to mention I do like the giant comics and this ranks right up there. Was thinking of sending it in, but I just don't do the CGC for myself. Anyhow here it is a real beauty which should rank as highest graded because I think the CGC registry has 6.5 as their highest graded.

HolidayC1.jpg

Ok so I bought this comic years ago from a guy that had sent it into CGC to get graded. At the time they didn't have capsules to handle this thick of a comic, but they did give it a tentive formal rating of 7.0. I bought it from him when he was in need of some cash. Normally I am not a superhero guy but this was a great oppurtunity for such a low price I couldn't pass it up. Not to mention I do like the giant comics and this ranks right up there. Was thinking of sending it in, but I just don't do the CGC for myself. Anyhow here it is a real beauty which should rank as highest graded because I think the CGC registry has 6.5 as their highest graded.

HolidayC1.jpg

wow! very, very nice.