• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,430 posts in this topic

very excited to have this one

greenl6.jpg

That's a beauty (thumbs u

very excited to have this one

greenl6.jpg

Man, that's a purdy book. (worship)

DAMN purdy, i'd say.

Hey, that Green Lama guy is "sinister" :o:grin:

Behold, my latest acquisition... :whee:

MAJOR KEY: 1st appearance of the GA Atom; 4th overall appearance of GA Green Lantern !!!

75c9_3.JPG

682b_3.JPG

As you may have noticed on the back cover, the piece torn off the upper-left hand corner obviously brought the grade down from what would have easily been in the mid-grade plus range.

Oh well, I still couldn't pass this up given that I got a pretty decent deal for it on eBay.

MAJOR KEY: 1st appearance of the GA Atom; 4th overall appearance of GA Green Lantern !!!

75c9_3.JPG

682b_3.JPG

As you may have noticed on the back cover, the piece torn off the upper-left hand corner obviously brought the grade down from what would have easily been in the mid-grade plus range.

Oh well, I still couldn't pass this up given that I got a pretty decent deal for it on eBay.

that little tear saved you a boatload of cash. what a wonderful looking 4.5, and with killer pages. congrats, sir.

75c9_3.JPG

682b_3.JPG

Congrats, great look copy.

75c9_3.JPG

Congrats, great look copy.

Thats a wonderful cover! I love how his ring is glowing green. I wonder if that guy is a muslim extremist ? What he's doing on the roof I can't say.....but its a great cover. Congrats !! :applause:

Edited by Senormac

Thanks for the compliments guys. :acclaim:

I also made sure to check the latest CGC census beforehand. My 4.5 copy is the 4th highest graded after one copy each in 7.0, 6.0, and 5.0 under the Universal blue label column. A total of only nine copies have been graded as Universal unrestored!

BTW, the only other 4.5 graded copy is currently listed in C-Link, but it has Lt Tan to OW pages and the photo image provided is very blurry.

75c9_3.JPG

682b_3.JPG

that little tear saved you a boatload of cash. what a wonderful looking 4.5, and with killer pages. congrats, sir.

75c9_3.JPG

682b_3.JPG

That is one fine comic book :applause:

75c9_3.JPG

682b_3.JPG

I love books like this, small damage on the back & very presentable front. :cloud9:

75c9_3.JPG

682b_3.JPG

That is one fine comic book :applause:

ahem.... its only a VG+ Bill..... :baiting:

Behold, my latest acquisition...

75c9_3.JPG

That's a toughie. And pretty to boot. You done good (thumbs u

Ok so It's 4th of July and I waited till the last minute to win this item on Ebay. It is a Davy Crockett #1 (1955) in NM condition that has been framed in UV glass. I won it for the opening bid of 50.00. how can you possibly go wrong with that. Chalk up another #1 to the collection. Yippeee!! and a beauty.

DavyCrock.jpg

75c9_3.JPG

Early issues are great but I noticed that the later issues have some Palais art on Dr. Mid-Nite which makes them kind of special too.

5905149091_10f9c855cf_z.jpg