• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Here is a toughy to find as well Jingle Jangle Comics #1

jingle.jpg

That might just be the strangest cover I've ever seen. Not sure I'm comfortable with this book...

It's a classic, classic niche book.

This is a great book in great shape. Miss Liberty #1 there is no damage at the bottom that is the plastic edge after I had sealed it. Anyhow look at how crappy the art work is on the cop in the background. Also it's called Miss Liberty and the only chick on the cover is a portrait in the top left.

Liberty.jpg

Are you heat shrink wrapping these comics?

That might just be the strangest cover I've ever seen. Not sure I'm comfortable with this book...

It's interesting for sure. Wouldn't have seemed out of place on a psychedelic underground from the late '60s.

Thanks again for all these interesting scans, Mr. 01.

It's interesting for sure. Wouldn't have seemed out of place on a psychedelic underground from the late '60s.

Thanks again for all these interesting scans, Mr. 01.

One of the relatively early books offering critical appraisal of comic books was All In Color for a Dime. In it, science fiction author Harlan Ellison contributed a chapter entitled "Comics of the Absurd" about Carlson's art and stories in Jingle Jangle. Ellison, a comic collector, is a somewhat cynical character and his choice of material to write about is a bit surprising if you haven't read the original stories. They are quite "trippy" but a lot of fun.

AllinColor.jpg

AllinColorbk.jpg

Pie-face was Carlson's protagonist in a series of stories that appeared along side his Jingle Jangle Tale in each issue.

JingleJangle4.jpg

Here is a toughy to find as well Jingle Jangle Comics #1

jingle.jpg

Hey, I got one of those...but its not as nice as yours earthshaker. And you are right Richard..... its a great read..... at least the Carlson stuff.

JingleJangle1-1.jpg

Pie-face was Carlson's protagonist in a series of stories that appeared along side his Jingle Jangle Tale in each issue.

JingleJangle4.jpg

What a beautiful copy of a book I'd never seen before.

here is a really odd comic for those of you that love Santa Claus still and fear Martians.

martians.jpg

Pia Zadora's first movie. She was about five years old.