• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

I have come to notice that many of you are commenting on the particular book being shown, as though you had already seen 27 copies of it before and are only observant of the condition of the book before you, but without regard for the artists work. So many of these books are new to me. I see the grade yea, but am usually commenting on the artists cover work, and how good it looks being in nice new like condition.

Is this an example of moneys power over people ? 9.6 is better than 9.2 which is better than 8.5 which is better than 8.0 because it represents "more valuable" ?

Just sayin.... or maybe askin hm:popcorn:

Yes and no.

The reason they're more valuable is because more people want them (per available copy) than their 2.0 brethren. Even a grade-unconscious collector like me does a jaw-drop when I see a 9.2 Blue Beetle #21. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate a reader copy of the same book, though!

Picked these two rarities up at the NY Comic-Con this weekend:

]

:applause:

what's the story w/ the green tape/paper? bound volume? staple reinforcement?

Unknown. It is present on both of them and on both sides of the book. At one point the tape, for whatever reason, covered both sides. These copies came from Crowley's files so that might have some relevance.

What a cute little boy! (thumbs u

looks like a cute little tiger fan to me.

You know it! Every morning the first thing he asks me is "Dad, is it Tiger Day?" and if I tell him no he asks "Then is it Saints Day?" and if I tell him no he says "Awwww!"

Western Kentucky will be his first game in Tiger Stadium, although the thought of him staying in one general location for three hours is comical.

11-09-15%2BJack%2BLSU%2BShirt.jpg

how did this young man like the 1st bcs release?

how did this young man like the 1st bcs release?

high-fives all around! I bought him a little Mike the Tiger stuffed animal that he carries around with him everywhere. He and Mike even practice the "Geaux...Tigers" chant together.

but I lost him on the Saints yesterday when I explained that a "buccaneer" was a pirate:

JC: "Dad, I just saw a pirate ship!"

Me: "Yeah, son, buccaneer is another word for pirate"

JC: "Oohh, then I want the pirates to win"

Me: "Honey, can you take him to the other room?"

ThrillingComics44.jpg

:applause:

All fantastic books but I gotta say, I love this Schomburg :luhv:

I've never seen or heard of those books before Mark .....uh, Mr. Zaid , but they are awesome (thumbs u

I acquired this Flash Comics 92 at NYCC. Always wanted a copy, so when I saw it at the show, I knew I was doomed. :grin:

SAM_0224.jpg

I <3 8.0. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty happy with 6.5 up

Ok, you guys thought the Masters Comics were cool and rare, check these out!

My UNBELIEVABLE appreciation to Dave Reynolds of Dave's American Comics who bought them at an OO estate sale and sold them to me notwithstanding numerous other inquiries and higher offers! He is a class act all the way!

Try finding even one of these much less five in one shot!! :cloud9:

LittleGiant1.jpgLittleGiant2.jpgLittleGiant3.jpgLittleGiantDetective.jpgLittleGiantMovie.jpg

Ok, you guys thought the Masters Comics were cool and rare, check these out!

My UNBELIEVABLE appreciation to Dave Reynolds of Dave's American Comics who bought them at an OO estate sale and sold them to me notwithstanding numerous other inquiries and higher offers! He is a class act all the way!

Try finding even one of these much less five in one shot!! :cloud9:

LittleGiant1.jpgLittleGiant2.jpgLittleGiant3.jpgLittleGiantDetective.jpgLittleGiantMovie.jpg

:o:cry:

I acquired this Flash Comics 92 at NYCC. Always wanted a copy, so when I saw it at the show, I knew I was doomed. :grin:

SAM_0224.jpg

huge fan of that book (thumbs u

+1. A great book! :applause: