• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

A couple more for my War Bonds cover theme collection. (The Iwo Jima one is cross posted with the war Bonds thread, but I figured it was cool enough to post twice).

This one is more interesting than I thought it would be - it's also noticeably bigger than the standard GA book. (I'm sure you all knew that.)

True_37.jpg

=]

I am putting together a run of True 1-84... 37 is a good one...

That will be a fun set to put together and to read Gator (thumbs u

I have about 65 of the 84 issues and you are correct...not only is it "fun", there are some cool stories (and some stinkers too) lol

and of course, 55 is the first ........

A couple more for my War Bonds cover theme collection. (The Iwo Jima one is cross posted with the war Bonds thread, but I figured it was cool enough to post twice).

This one is more interesting than I thought it would be - it's also noticeably bigger than the standard GA book. (I'm sure you all knew that.)

True_37.jpg

=]

I have about 65 of the 84 issues and you are correct...not only is it "fun", there are some cool stories (and some stinkers too) lol

Sad Sack

True_37.jpg

=]

Sad Sack

^^ errr... I mean "weener"

I won this last week in the comiclink eBetter auction. I dont know anything about it whatsoever and had never seen or heard of the title but i thought it was a really cool cover for some reason (shrug)

It was sitting at what i thought was a VERY low price so i put in a thrill bid for the next bid increment and won. I figured i couldnt go wrong with a 60 year old 9.4 comic that i thought was cool for WELL under 100 bucks :banana:

bbattale2.jpg

That's a very speciest cover! You couldn't get away with that today for sure. The "fish are people too" crowd would be all over you (:

lol

I've only cracked 1 slab in my life but when i get this one in hand, i'm VERY tempted to crack it so i can read the "ME? I HATE FISH" story! hm

Used my coupons for free grading. I bought this from Sotheby's in 1996. Sotheby's noted the restoration, but not that it was trimmed. Guess they missed it?

(shrug)

My favorite blonde Superman cover:

fair39a.jpg

fair39b.jpg

And another Sotheby's purchase:

wb1a.jpg

Used my coupons for free grading. I bought this from Sotheby's in 1996. Sotheby's noted the restoration, but not that it was trimmed. Guess they missed it?

(shrug)

My favorite blonde Superman cover:

fair39a.jpg

fair39b.jpg

And another Sotheby's purchase:

wb1a.jpg

Two of my favorite books! :applause: