• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,427 posts in this topic

My favorite Larson in my collection

larsontiptop64.jpg

no surprise you'd go with a fritzi/climax cover.

very pretty!!

lol

I think it is pretty too, and like many Larsons, it isn't technically a high grade, but it has many characteristics of a high grade book. And of course, lovely pages

Plus its a Tip Top :applause:

Nice limited66. Even though its "the other Cole" :baiting:

My newest catch. I've always liked "The Disney Empire" but had never owned anything from it as old as this. Its a very beautiful part comic history.

MickeyMouseMagFerdinad_0001.jpg

A swell little book that only took a couple years to make happen. Thanks to Ed R.Fight3VFOW1andhalfinBtSpinetear875.jpg

lucky #3

nice3

:o What year is that Flush ?? Thats very cool :popcorn:

A swell little book that only took a couple years to make happen. Thanks to Ed R.Fight3VFOW1andhalfinBtSpinetear875.jpg

Gotta love the bright reds on this. Everyone knows how tough colors like this are to find.

Who says there's no Golden Age at Long Beach? You just need to look! This book is as beautiful in person as in the scan. Quite the Busted Flush coup

Long Beach also featured a full run of Phantom Stranger; first time I had ever seen that!

I asked a dealer at the Long Beach show if he had any Golden Age Batmans. He said "absolutely", then proceeded to show me some mid-60s Brave & the Bolds. doh!

lollol How does it feel to be the smartest guy in the room ?

I asked a dealer at the Long Beach show if he had any Golden Age Batmans. He said "absolutely", then proceeded to show me some mid-60s Brave & the Bolds. doh!

Did you see the early Batman run over on the right wall when you walked in? They were a little rough but had good color. Same guy as had the Phantom Stranger run.

Oh and that guy must have pulled out the Brave and Bold starring the Golden Age Batman!!! Surely these dealers know their books!!

Did you see the early Batman run over on the right wall when you walked in? They were a little rough but had good color. Same guy as had the Phantom Stranger run.

I think that was Heroes Comics & Cards, the guy that has the Foosball table in his booth in San Diego every year. He had some good stuff, just nothing I needed.

The bonehead with the B&Bs was across the aisle from him and down a little. Very aggressive, and not very bright.

Here is a nifty little pickup from NYCC. Published by students at Stanford University in 1942.

Chaparral.jpg

Contains original art and stories, many of which were parodies of the popular comics of the day:

ChaparralInterior.jpg

Ultra-cool. the earliest issue I've seen of this. I have a 1955 issue that also has a Superman parody. I love the WW2 cover on the one you picked up. i searched around the net once trying to figure out how many different issues might exist, but information was sparse.