• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

A 5.0 sold on Heritage around the time I got the 75 the first time.....still kicking myself, but couldn't afford both. If only I had gone to College instead of the Pool Hall after graduating High School lol GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

I traded this book off a few years ago and always missed it. I was lucky enough to get it back this weekend. GOD BLESS...

ADVENTURE75.jpg

Sweet! Rockford?

....I've always wondered....the defects seem to match Wilson's description and grade when he first sold them.....but I've never seen an image from his catalog larger than a postage stamp. The color and gloss are super.....but the inner cover is tan.....just like a Rockford.....It was Jack Juka's (sp?) copy when Heritage auctioned it off....GOD BLESS...

P.S. Gerber calls it a 5....but I don't think I've ever seen more than 6 or 7 different copies for sale in my entire life.

Jimbo great pickup, I wouldn't mind owning a copy of that issue since I'm such a huge Thor fan. Good read?

....it's not based on mythology, but it's still real cool. I first read it when I was a teenager in the early 70's.....a reprint somewhere. I always wanted a nice S&K issue of Adventure, and this one is as good as any. Issues 73-80 also have S&K Manhunter stories, PLUS Burnley Starman, Bailey Hourman and much more. I still can't understand why their popularity has waned in recent years....they were once highly sought after. All the S&K Sandman stories were collected a while back in a hardback edition from D.C......less than 50 bucks....highly recommended. GOD BLESS....

P.S. Here are some splash pages from #75.....

ADV3.jpg

Hulk smash!!!

I traded this book off a few years ago and always missed it. I was lucky enough to get it back this weekend. GOD BLESS...

ADVENTURE75.jpg

Sweet! Rockford?

....I've always wondered....the defects seem to match Wilson's description and grade when he first sold them.....but I've never seen an image from his catalog larger than a postage stamp. The color and gloss are super.....but the inner cover is tan.....just like a Rockford.....It was Jack Juka's (sp?) copy when Heritage auctioned it off....GOD BLESS...

P.S. Gerber calls it a 5....but I don't think I've ever seen more than 6 or 7 different copies for sale in my entire life.

Jimbo great pickup, I wouldn't mind owning a copy of that issue since I'm such a huge Thor fan. Good read?

....it's not based on mythology, but it's still real cool. I first read it when I was a teenager in the early 70's.....a reprint somewhere. I always wanted a nice S&K issue of Adventure, and this one is as good as any. Issues 73-80 also have S&K Manhunter stories, PLUS Burnley Starman, Bailey Hourman and much more. I still can't understand why their popularity has waned in recent years....they were once highly sought after. All the S&K Sandman stories were collected a while back in a hardback edition from D.C......less than 50 bucks....highly recommended. GOD BLESS....

P.S. Here are some splash pages from #75.....

ADV3.jpg

Hulk smash!!!

...... :gossip: first appearance of Hulk AND Thor.....should be worth a clear pile :insane: GOD BLESS....

P.S. It was once Fabulous Frank lot....not Jack Juka.

Edited by jimjum12

Not too many of the Manhunter stories have been reprinted. In a way, I'm kind of glad no one wants them anymore. A white paged CGC 8.5 copy of #75 just closed for 1200 on a recent Clink auction....a lot of bang for the buck. GOD BLESS....

My ComicConnect wins arrived yesterday. Here's one of them:

morefun72.jpg

Congrats Walter, that is a very cool book and provenance :applause:

Thanks Bill. A copy of this issue was the first More Fun I ever bought and was one of the comics stolen from me over 2 years ago (and one of the few I never recovered). So I'm glad to get a replacement.

BTW, the trial for the guy that burglarized my home is scheduled for November. Of course, he's been able to delay the trial about a half dozen times before, so no guarantee it will actually occur. :wishluck:

morefun72.jpg

Thanks Bill. A copy of this issue was the first More Fun I ever bought and was one of the comics stolen from me over 2 years ago (and one of the few I never recovered). So I'm glad to get a replacement.

BTW, the trial for the guy that burglarized my home is scheduled for November. Of course, he's been able to delay the trial about a half dozen times before, so no guarantee it will actually occur. :wishluck:

Good luck on the trial Walter!

One book I regret never getting back that was stolen from me back in the early 90s was an All Star #37 signed by all the artists and the editor

:(

morefun72.jpg

Good luck on the trial Walter!

One book I regret never getting back that was stolen from me back in the early 90s was an All Star #37 signed by all the artists and the editor

:(

i was nowhere NEAR more fun comics that day.

Picked this up off Heritage on a whim I suppose. I don't have a Carson City, so ...

VicJordan1CGC85FC_zps3a11dce3.jpg

This looks like a really cool book. Airplaines, Nazi's, and 'the noose'. Wow.

You should always follow your whim if it produces books like this!!

(thumbs u

With the addition of my new Fantastic 3, I only have one more issue to go to finish my top Lou Fine covers (Weird 2).

Thanks to Filter for selling it to me, and thanks to Kenny and Matt for bringing a former POS beater back from the dead.

fine-1.png

With the addition of my new Fantastic 3, I only have one more issue to go to finish my top Lou Fine covers (Weird 2).

Thanks to Filter for selling it to me, and thanks to Kenny and Matt for bringing a former POS beater back from the dead.

fine-1.png

(worship)