• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

[snip]

Nice Star Spangled (thumbs u I just picked this up. Appropriate cover for the last Newsboy Legion don't you think?

StarSpangled.jpg

That is a perfect cover for the time. S and K kid comics disappeared around 1950. Did kid gangs go out of style. I don't think so. Perhaps they needed a little age like the X-Men.

Posted a pic of this in the pre-code thread but thought I'd post the scan here... much more glossy and deep red in hand...

MA25scan.jpg

this and the everett ghoul eating the corpse cover my two faves from the pre-hero run.

ma22.jpg

Posted a pic of this in the pre-code thread but thought I'd post the scan here... much more glossy and deep red in hand...

MA25scan.jpg

this and the everett ghoul eating the corpse cover my two faves from the pre-hero run.

ma22.jpg

Nice books! That Men's Adventures 22 looks perfect for Halloween("The Mark of the Witch").

MA25scan.jpg

ma22.jpg

Two more books I have to buy. :D

Fell in love with this cover when Cat posted his copy. Glad to have found one at Richard Muchin's booth.

4845cbb0.jpg

Just got the word from CGC that this came back as a 7.5 blue :)

:applause:

Fell in love with this cover when Cat posted his copy. Glad to have found one at Richard Muchin's booth.

4845cbb0.jpg

Now thats a lovely book. :applause:

4845cbb0.jpg

Awesome book, awesome grade. Congrats I'm jealous!!! :golfclap:

4845cbb0.jpg

Great book Bill.Congrats! (thumbs u

Thanks guys. I'm quite pleased with the result

[font:Times New Roman]Congrats, Bill![/font] :applause:

[font:Times New Roman]There are some very nice books in the Shield-Wizard run. I do have a fondness for the Kirby cover on #7, but some of the Novick and Montana art is equally impressive[/font]. (thumbs u