• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,574 posts in this topic

This one is kind of anti-climactic compared to the previous postings.....but I fell in love with the cover in Gerber's many years ago. Finally found one on these very boards at the right condition/price ratio. The interiors were just as nice as the cover, with a nice uncredited Curt Swan surprise. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SA4.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

This one is kind of anti-climactic compared to the previous postings.....but I fell in love with the cover in Gerber's many years ago. Finally found one on these very boards at the right condition/price ratio. The interiors were just as nice as the cover, with a nice uncredited Kurt Swan surprise. GOD BLESS...

SA4.jpg

Don't be coy, that's a beautiful book! I've got a bunch of the Strange Adventures run, and there are some great covers and decent stories in them. Great pick up!

.....I wish I had bought more of them from the thread, but funds are limited this time of year. It's no wonder the title lasted 25 years. GOD BLESS...

Beautiful colors on that River City. The cover story is especially interesting with the way they color the steam shovel with the rainbow effect. :applause:

This one is kind of anti-climactic compared to the previous postings.....but I fell in love with the cover in Gerber's many years ago. Finally found one on these very boards at the right condition/price ratio. The interiors were just as nice as the cover, with a nice uncredited Curt Swan surprise. GOD BLESS...

SA4.jpg

Beautiful colors on that River City. The cover story is especially interesting with the way they color the steam shovel with the rainbow effect. :applause:

SA4.jpg

.....Coming from you, that's a real compliment. Extra dimensional subjects have always interested me and that illustration just resonates with me for some reason. This one is probably a keeper. GOD BLESS....

Just back in town from geeking all weekend with my longtime buddies at our annual "NelsCon" at the palatial home of Matt Nelson in Dallas. This will be the last one in Dallas, as next year he is moving to Sarasota.

I did manage to pick up two little books that I'm very excited to have in my collection.

First:

Pep Comics #1 - Origin and 1st appearance of The Shield. Comics' first patriotic hero. Cool book for that alone, but the Jack Cole Comet story really cinched the deal for me

:)

PepComics1-A_zpsdcf6e1cd.jpg

Thanks guys. :)

And Larry, I thought for sure you would be the first one to respond to the Tec 35. But Jeff is quick on the draw lol

I was in too much awe to type. :)

Just back in town from geeking all weekend with my longtime buddies at our annual "NelsCon" at the palatial home of Matt Nelson in Dallas. This will be the last one in Dallas, as next year he is moving to Sarasota.

I did manage to pick up two little books that I'm very excited to have in my collection.

First:

Pep Comics #1 - Origin and 1st appearance of The Shield. Comics' first patriotic hero. Cool book for that alone, but the Jack Cole Comet story really cinched the deal for me

:)

PepComics1-A_zpsdcf6e1cd.jpg

:applause: [font:Times New Roman]Congrats, Pons, you beat me to it. (worship)

Egads! :o I just realized the one thing missing from the fabulous final Dallas NelsCon was a celebrity guest!

And for appropriate pomp at this gala event the most obvious choice would've been someone like this...[/font]

FrenchBookstoreSigning-1-1.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]David Merryweather![/font]

[font:Times New Roman]...or not.[/font] :insane: