• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Speaking of war books.

The book below was a giveaway to wounded service members convalescing in hospital post battle engagement. It was a poignant yet simplistic way of showing gratitude for their service.

Ham Fisher's dedication within the book especially strikes a chord...

This book was drawn especially for, and is respectfully dedicated to you, the hospitalized buddies of PFC Joe Palooka. If it contributes in some small measure to your enjoyment during convalescence, the author will consider himself repaid a million-fold.

Sincerely,

Ham Fisher

November 1, 1945

Joe Palooka "Fights His Way Back"

Family Comics Promotional Giveaway (Harvey File Copy)

JP-PROMO-GIVEAWAY.jpg

Spent the weekend with my geek buddies down in Florida this weekend and had a blast,

And I was able to make a trade with my bestest buddy and came home with one of my favorite books of all time

:cloud9:

morefuncomics52_zps64850dd6.jpg

All right, Bill! :applause:

Spent the weekend with my geek buddies down in Florida this weekend and had a blast,

And I was able to make a trade with my bestest buddy and came home with one of my favorite books of all time

First chance I've had to comment on your latest swag. Nice pick-up, Bill. Congrats! (thumbs u

It's an "ok" book Bill.

If you like classic cover GA books, in nice condition, with first appearances of totally awesome characters that is.

Otherwise, (shrug)

:hi:

Beautiful book, Bill. I've always loved that one, even if I've never had a copy myself. Glad you were able to add a copy to the pile! :applause:

Beautiful book, Bill. I've always loved that one, even if I've never had a copy myself. Glad you were able to add a copy to the pile! :applause:

Whoops. Slow to see this post. SW-EEEE-T!

Just awesome Bill! Big congrats!

Struggle with the given grade on this book!

buster5_zps35e1638e.jpg

Beautiful book.

I wonder if that little stain by the 10 cents brought the grade down? hm

Yep. Without the stain it's a stone cold 9.0.

:gossip: WITH the stain it's an 8.5.