• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Just got this in the mail today. $150 from a nice guy on eBay. He discounted it from $175. He said he found it at the bottom of a box of Sports Illustrateds that were at the local dump...I'd call it a solid VG+ to VG/F.

2yl8zya.jpg

Attaboy Brian :)

I told you there were some good deals on Actions out there

Well, what’s awesome about you US collectors is that you can easily phone to dealers or sellers – I could but my phone conversation english would not be so great, and I don’t know how it could work… :(

Do these Superman war covers reflect the content in some way?

I have been interested in war content since I restarted collecting comic books, but never bought a DC or a Timely so far and know little of the insides…

Nope, the story had nothing to do with the cover.

Just got this in the mail today. $150 from a nice guy on eBay. He discounted it from $175. He said he found it at the bottom of a box of Sports Illustrateds that were at the local dump...I'd call it a solid VG+ to VG/F.

2yl8zya.jpg

Attaboy Brian :)

I told you there were some good deals on Actions out there

Thanks Bill. I've been finding a lot of good deals this year. Maybe because I'm trying harder... hm

Well, what’s awesome about you US collectors is that you can easily phone to dealers or sellers – I could but my phone conversation english would not be so great, and I don’t know how it could work… :(

Do these Superman war covers reflect the content in some way?

I have been interested in war content since I restarted collecting comic books, but never bought a DC or a Timely so far and know little of the insides…

Nope, the story had nothing to do with the cover.

Thanks – too bad! (thumbs u

Got caught up in some bidding on HA tonight...

and now I (happily) have these headed to me

Atom Age Combat #5 (not pictured); Captain Rocket #1; Flying Saucers #1 (1950); Speed Carter Spaceman #4 and 6 (not pictured), and Strange Journey #4

I missed on a mid-grade Captain Rocket a few months back, and I love the Speed Carter books... so I cant wait to see them in hand.

R3QFxRy.jpg