• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Picked this up in MotorCity last weekend.

From an OO collection of Centaurs.

amazing%20mystery%20funnies%20vol.2%20no.2.jpeg

Killer book. Selling my copy was one of my top collecting regrets. Weak moment.

Have any more info on the collection? What books were in there? Who was selling?

The collection was MotorCity's, specifically Michael Goldman's. It was acquired from a wife and husband. They belonged to her father who had passed. They were in a stack on his wall with the only one in view the #1. I quickly asked to see them. There were about 9. Varying grades from vg- to vf. This was the priciest because of the condition and classic cover status. Before I purchased I took a phone pic and walked around showing it. People gasped. I would have liked to purchase all of them, but that wasn't possible. Lucky to have this.

Have any more info on the collection? What books were in there? Who was selling?

The collection was MotorCity's, specifically Michael Goldman's. It was acquired from a wife and husband. They belonged to her father who had passed. They were in a stack on his wall with the only one in view the #1. I quickly asked to see them. There were about 9. Varying grades from vg- to vf. This was the priciest because of the condition and classic cover status. Before I purchased I took a phone pic and walked around showing it. People gasped. I would have liked to purchase all of them, but that wasn't possible. Lucky to have this.

An incredible rarity. Nice pick up!!! Looks to be a really great copy.

An incredible rarity. Nice pick up!!! Looks to be a really great copy.

Thanks. It is nice. One of the best of the batch.

:whee:

This was a tough book on so many levels... It's availability has to make it one of the rarest "common" books.

26846329140_ff3e5846df_b.jpg

Congratulations! That's fantastic. What a rush you must be feeling. :golfclap: